• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What PC Video Game Are You Playing Now?

Fallout 2 is my game of choice right now.  Passes the long hours of being CPC or Fire Picket during the weekends at BMOQ.

Reinstalled a couple of old faves,  American McGee's Alice, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.  Hella good fun running around killin' shit.

To any and all serious FPS gamers out there, Left 4 Dead is the best teamwork game I've played yet, at least when playing with friends vs other "prepared" teams. It's easy to set up games through forums and IRC. Playing with "pubs" (public games) is a blast too, and its there that you'll meet new friends and learn the game, but there's nothing in the multiplayer world that beats this game when playing vs clans or groups of players in my opinion (Unless I let nostalgia sway my judgment :p ).

Being a Valve game, the amount of details and the love and effort they put in each aspect the game is damn impressive, too. The Dead Air campaign will stay in my memory for a long time.

I'm also playing the Grand Theft Auto IV multiplayer on and off, but I wouldn't recommend buying the game based on this aspect. I do however heavily recommend GTA IV to any action/fps fan for the jaw-dropping single player part of the game. Is is an huge achievement in story-telling that makes it easily the best complete single-player game of the past few years. And if anyone tells you that it is a bad game due to the violent content, it isn't any worse than acclaimed R-Rated movies like Taxi Driver, Scarface, and the like.

I miss PC gaming... a mouse is far superior to a thumbstick!
Had to leave my desktop at home, and my laptop probably has 1/4 the power of the desktop. However over Christmas I very much enjoyed Left 4 Dead. It's one of the best games I've played in a long time.

There's too many games I'm waiting for to list, but I eagerly await for Half-Life 2 episode 3 :)

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 95  ;D

For good times sake; oh man is it wonderful, sure RA3 is flashy looking but they are garbage compared to RA95/RA2.

Was messin' around with Flashpoint Germany a bit, but I'm waiting on MAG to come out - 256 players online at one time, arranged into Pl's and Sect's. Should be a good go. Same with Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

Just finished playing Battlestations Midway...pretty sweet game actually.

A mix of combat strategy & first person shooter in a way.  You can command your units of where to go on the map, what units should be generated, etc, etc.  Then you can take control of individual units such as fighters, bombers, cruisers, submarines, aircraft carriers, battleships, destroyers, etc, etc. 

Sweet game, check it out.

It's not the newest game on the block but you can find it at any EB Games or download it online :

Hearts of Iron 2 (and a 3rd to be released in a bit)

For anybody who is into extremely indepth WW2 strategy games and interested in WW2 history and the possibility to actually rewrite it this is the game for you. I finished reading a book about how Hitler could have won the war, used his strategies.....took me 2 months of an hour here or there... but I did win.

These days it's mostly the ole standby of Civilization IV. I had played Fallout III twice through till I was sick of it, and tried but didn't really like Left 4 Dead all that much. I also do play Nethack a fair bit, but most of my gaming is done on yea ole XBox 360.

Diablo II, big fun time waster.

GunZ the Duel because I like to play a skill based game and laugh at people who I'm sure will cut themselves if they die one more time and go berserk if you call them names.

Wasting my time playing Starcraft on Bnet again.  Haven't played in years and man have the online strategies changed. 

Back