• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What not to do - No excuse BMQ tips [Merged]

Chapeski said:
Overheard on an inspection:
Sgt: "Pte, did you use this razor this morning?"
Pte: "Of course I shaved this morning Sgt!"
Sgt: "That's not what I asked, did you use THIS razor this morning Pte"
Pte: (sheepishly) "No Sgt"

The Sgt then went on to chew out  my course mate for not using the razor that was on display. Point being, some course staff will be hard on this issue, others not. It's easier doing the 2 seconds extra cleaning than risk getting chewed out for taking a short cut.

Alternatively, on an officer's course:

Sgt: "Mr tuyop, did you use this razor this morning?"
OCdt: "Yes Sergeant."
Sgt: "Well it looks like garbage. If you don't have it clean tomorrow you will receive a red chit."
OCdt: "Sergeant."

Of if they're having a better time:

Sgt: "Mr tuyop, did you use this razor this morning?"
OCdt: "Yes sergeant."
Sgt: "Well it looks like garbage, what the hell are you doing before  you shave? Wiping Mr. Bloggins' *** with your cheeks?"
OCdt: "Yes Sergeant."
Sgt: "Don't lie to me Mr. tuyop, I know nobody wipes Bloggins' *** because you can see it all over the underwear in his locker. You will be receiving a red chit for lying and I want a 1500 word essay on how honesty is an important quality in an officer by the end of the day tomorrow."

What really happens to me:

Sgt: "Mr Tuyop, did you use this razor to shave this morning?"
OCdt: "No Sergeant."
Sgt: "What do you mean no? Not shaving is a chargeable offense."
OCdt: "I have a separate razor that I shave with Sergeant, in order to keep my inspection space clean and up to standard."
Sgt: "I don't care, you will all present the kit that you use for inspection!"

The next day... Same locker kit out, dust is gathering on the bar of soap.

Sgt: "Mr Tuyop, why is OCdt Bloggins' rifle dirty?"

Edit: But yeah, you're right. So I would say play it by ear, if your staff is harsh on dumb stuff like that, then don't cut corners on dumb stuff. If you can save some time and stress, do it. Nobody's going to blame you for getting chewed out once, but the right thing to do after being chewed out is to never do that thing again.

\/\/\/\/ Haha yeah, because that was exactly the point of noting that there was dust forming on my kit. Did you notice that the sergeant didn't even mention my personal kit the next day and was picking on some aspect of team work?

Never volunteer although help out section mates because when the going gets tough they are the only ones to help your back. I never used to volunteer and i got top candiate on all three basic courses. Although if i saw the same bunch of guys volunteering all the time i had to lend a hand and help them out. Down the road, they helped me out when i needed it. big point, TAKE CARE OF YOUR COURSE MATES AND THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU, AND YOU WILL NEED THEIR HELP AT ONE POINT!

Cameron_Highlander said:
Never volunteer although help out section mates because when the going gets tough they are the only ones to help your back. I never used to volunteer and i got top candiate on all three basic courses. Although if i saw the same bunch of guys volunteering all the time i had to lend a hand and help them out. Down the road, they helped me out when i needed it. big point, TAKE CARE OF YOUR COURSE MATES AND THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU, AND YOU WILL NEED THEIR HELP AT ONE POINT!

Hmm... 3 basic courses.........

Correction top 3 candidates per course my mistake, Getting Top candidate every course is a bit to much hahaha. But the main point im trying to pass on is to help buddy out.

Well, I think they make you do the things they do so you LEARN something.
They don't do it to piss you off, it would be a waste of energy for them and for you.
I know when i leave for BMQ (hopefully in March *crosses fingers*) I will not be using a ghost kit, I want to pull the best experience out of the training, and I don't want my instructors to remember me as ''the girl that tried to cut corners''.
Anyway, that's just IMO. I guess I will be in better postition to talk after I've done it.
Cheers  :salute:

Azizti said:
They don't do it to piss you off

Don't be too sure.

it would be a waste of energy for them and for you.

Sure, if you don't understand the reason for stressing people out some...(to see how they react perhaps?)

I know when i leave for BMQ (hopefully in March *crosses fingers*)

Oh, ok your post makes sense now.

I guess I will be in better postition to talk after I've done it.

Thats the best part of your post.

It was only my opinion.
From what my friends have told me that have passed through BMQ and reading on this forum.
I think it was CDN Aviator that mentionned that everything they do in BMQ has a reason. From having a perfect/clean setup to shinning your boots.
I'm just expressing my opinion that I'm sure they have reason behind the madness and there is no point trying to do it the easy way.
I think it's better for me to start this process with good intentions instead of going into it saying ''oh it will be easy I can just cheat my way through''.
Always IMO.
Cheers ^^

THANKS FOR THE TIPSS!!! I HAVENT FINISHED THE APPLICATION PROCESS YET GOT MY MED , PT EXAM AND JOB INTERVEIW TO DO IN MID FEBRUARY BUT WHAT IV READ HERE IS VERY HELP FULL AND WILL APPLY IT

117649973115270477jo2.jpg

If only more were like you, going in with the open mind knowing it is just a mind exercise. Keep the open mind, best of luck on your pending BMQ.

I really don't think that many people actually use a ghost kit.....Nobody in my platoon used one and if they even had one double the instructor knew and made them lock it up with civi stuff.
So in my opinion just go in with one kit. Do what your told and help when your done your own taskings. thats it. Oh and while you are doing PT specially during pushups...always keep a smile on....the instructors seem to like it for some reason.

Alot of information on this thread.
I should stop reading this forum ! Just makes me more anxious to go to my BMQ.
Cheers [:

On my BMQ (reserve) since a few guys had left after a week done, the instructor had a little speech with us that was just a little friendly for a minute.  He told us listen, dont ask yourself why we yell at you, why we ask you to put your cleaning kit pointing this direction with 1 meter seperating each other just do it.  We want you to get use to JUST DO IT.

I found that was a good speech cause i realised and understood the meaning of everything we were doing; do it fast just as asked not too much not less just like that.

Big burn said:
On my BMQ (reserve) since a few guys had left after a week done, the instructor had a little speech with us that was just a little friendly for a minute.  He told us listen, dont ask yourself why we yell at you, why we ask you to put your cleaning kit pointing this direction with 1 meter seperating each other just do it.  We want you to get use to JUST DO IT.

I found that was a good speech cause i realised and understood the meaning of everything we were doing; do it fast just as asked not too much not less just like that.

because not paying attention to details gets you killed.

Back