• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What not to do - No excuse BMQ tips [Merged]

Hey Spr. FItzy! I just want to know where did you hide your ghost kit in your BMQ? Oh and by the way, darn impressive your home invasion experience!

find somewhere to hide it. i have no idea where your doing basic. most likely they will have a civi lock up. you can hide it there. i had a small bag with everything i needed. just dont let them find it. and dont hide stuff in your ruck and pockets of your clothes.

Spr. FItzy said:
find somewhere to hide it. i have no idea where your doing basic. most likely they will have a civi lock up. you can hide it there. i had a small bag with everything i needed. just dont let them find it. and dont hide stuff in your ruck and pockets of your clothes.

So you're advocating contravening the rules..........again? You're whole history here is about how to break the rules, and get by the easiest way possible . You must believe you're Richard Gere in an Officer and a Gentleman. Do you think this is the kind of value we want to instill in the guy that may have to save your life? I pity our Engineer family with the likes of you on board, or any other trade that has to depend on a section you're in for a task in the field. Especially one that means life or death.

I won't sugarcoat it for you. I suggest you just shut your cake hole and quit giving advice. You're neither in the position, nor have the mentality or values, to pass anything on, to anyone, of any value whatsoever.

BTW, just because you have the badge, and something like a year in, doesn't make you an Engineer. You have a long way to go before I trust anything YOU build. ;)

Ebenezer 'the Grinch' Scrooge said:
So you're advocating contravening the rules..........again? You're whole history here is about how to break the rules, and get by the easiest way possible . You must believe you're Richard Gere in an Officer and a Gentleman. Do you think this is the kind of value we want to instill in the guy that may have to save your life? I pity our Engineer family with the likes of you on board, or any other trade that has to depend on a section you're in for a task in the field. Especially one that means life or death.

I won't sugarcoat it for you. I suggest you just shut your cake hole and quit giving advice. You're neither in the position, nor have the mentality or values, to pass anything on, to anyone, of any value whatsoever.

BTW, just because you have the badge, and something like a year in, doesn't make you an Engineer. You have a long way to go before I trust anything YOU build. ;)

+1

I have read many threads here, and on a few of the CF related facebook groups, and personally I plan on doing things the way you are told to do so, there is no need to cut corners as it will only come to bit you in the a$$ in the end (at least that has been my experience so far in life)

Or anything you say is cleared.

Regards

So you're advocating contravening the rules..........again?

Why not? Seems PERSEC rules don't apply to him either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI98HY0hN68

I suggest that you, Spr FItzy, go on listening silence for a while.

The Army.ca Staff

Well, at least you've taken the video of Youtube and changed your name,.......but I just have to wonder how many snapshots of your dogtags were taken though.....

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Well, at least you've taken the video of Youtube and changed your name,.......but I just have to wonder how many snapshots of your dogtags were taken though.....

Seeing as it's been up for about 6 months until now, I wouldn't even want to guess.

Let this be a lesson to all the "newbies" on the site. Videos are great and all, but not at the expense of PERSEC.

That's why you should follow the rules and not try to take the easy road.... Spr FItzy/ engnr whatever your name will be in the next few minutes.

The Army.ca Staff

Bruce Monkhouse said:

He also has completly closed his YouTube account, looks like he frantically covering his tracks.

Ouch, this is why I am taking my grandpas military advice "keep your ears open and for godsakes don't have an opinion until you've been in for at least 5 years, nobody wants to hear it and chances are your wrong"

engnr said:
i have had a home invasion. i was on my knees with some thug with a gun to me. and i was cooler than ice. and i was sure i was dead. up until i knew he didnt wanna kill me. because he couldnt look me in the eyes.

So you were a drug trafficker before you were in the military?  Since those are the only people who generally get home invasions.  What was the outcome of the police investigation? 
Maybe that's why you are so good at smuggling your "ghost kit" for inspection?  What does a hooped shaving cream can feel like, anyway? 

just a quick question for anyone who might know...

I can put my hair up into a decent(regulation) bun in under a minute, would it be worth it to cut my hair for BMQ or should I just leave it as is?

I know men have to shave everymorning, so I don't see this taking any time away from my helping my sectionmates  or completeing my own tasks as I have become proficient at it(one thing cadets was good for - at least the 6 weeks in ColdLake on SLC)

However, I want to hear it from those who've actually done the real thing what their opinions are on it. So ladies- experiences? gentlemen - observations?

Thanks in Advance :)

Hey my first post! This is painfully  obvious to me now, but isn't it a tad silly to be cutting corners and trying to avoid the structure of the BMQ course we are about to take by finding short cuts. Whatever happened to be all you can be. "2nd kit to save time", why not just find a way to be proficient and use one kit.  How far will you make it in an Army career if you cut corners from the very beginning.  Not to mention that the instructors at St.Jean no doubt surf this site and are probably member themselves! SO theres no bloody fooling them, they know what's up.  I am starting BMQ in 3.5 weeks and I want to do it by the book the first time without incident. If I've repeated things said before on other threads then I apologize in advance.  Now like most people on here say, ...thats just my 2 cents  :salute:

silent_steve said:
Hey my first post! This is painfully  obvious to me now, but isn't it a tad silly to be cutting corners and trying to avoid the structure of the BMQ course we are about to take by finding short cuts. Whatever happened to be all you can be. "2nd kit to save time", why not just find a way to be proficient and use one kit.  How far will you make it in an Army career if you cut corners from the very beginning.  Not to mention that the instructors at St.Jean no doubt surf this site and are probably member themselves! SO theres no bloody fooling them, they know what's up.  I am starting BMQ in 3.5 weeks and I want to do it by the book the first time without incident. If I've repeated things said before on other threads then I apologize in advance.  Now like most people on here say, ...thats just my 2 cents   :salute:
Steve you'll find out throughout you're military carreer you will find many ways to make "short cuts" to make your day easier, I still keep my second shave kit in my ruck to save time packing before an ex, or for that matter I keep my ruck pretty much packed to minimize packing time, I keep a couple disposable razors and travel shave cream and a towel at work in case I need that late afternoon shave because working late involves public appearances like recruiting and such. Riding my bike to work because in Victoria traffic it is quicker than driving that sort of thing, don't worry these little tricks may be given to you by your instructors like a second shave kit, of course they won't come out and say it but they might say things like "some folks have a second set off whatever" just some food for thought

Cat, I thought about cutting my hair before basic but I didnt and I'm glad. It really doesn't take that long to get your hair back in the morning, not any longer than it would take a man to shave. I just pulled my hair back in a pony tail, wrapped it like a bun, bobby pinned it, put a hair net on top of it and another elastic around it to hold the hair net in (our staff made us wear hairnets, which you can buy at the canex)

As for the second set of things, I didn't know anyone who didn't have a second set (and the staff know, they went to basic once too). If you havent even been to basic yet, don't pass judgment about people's careers (Oh and you're a recruit, not a Patricia, might want to reconsider your capbadge choice on your profile). But you'll see when you get there how it all works. Have fun!!!

Cat said:
I can put my hair up into a decent(regulation) bun in under a minute, would it be worth it to cut my hair for BMQ or should I just leave it as is?

As Camochick said (and you mentioned yourself), it doesn't take long to put your hair up once you know what you're doing, and how to do it properly.  Some girls DO cut their hair and just prefer not having to take as long to wash it or worry about putting it up.  But remember, if you cut it, you then have to maintain it because there is no way that you will be granted permission to grow it out while you're on course.  In the long run, you'd probably end up spending more time (and money!) on having short hair.  Besides, it's easier to go in with long hair and realize it won't work for you and then get it cut, then regret cutting it before you got there when you could have handled things.

ArtyNewbie said:
No it was directed at the kid who thought everybody posting tips and tricks on this forum were cheating.

I'm not saying I'm mature or anything here but I'm 22, not a 16 year old kid who's fresh out of cadets (not saying you obviously, just toclear that). Maybe my post seemed a bit brash and I'm sorry for that, I didn't mean it to be that way. That my fault for wording it the way I did...I'm just a guy who wants to excel and set high standards for myself. I'm not saying everyone is cheating here by any means, I'm taking the same tips everyone else on here who reads the forums.  I will use some, and others maybe not I don't know yet I'm not there...I don't want to act like I know anything about anything here...I'm just saying If I try to be prefect at it the way it's designed to be, I'll find certain things more rewarding in the end maybe right.

I remember being told:

"There's a fine line between hardcore and stupid"

Anything that makes things easier, do it.

Back