• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What items can i bring for BMQ?

misissauce

Inactive
Reaction score
i am leaving for BMQ very shortly. I was wandering if people that went to do BMQ could help me out on this.

items such as pillow and blankets will be provided?
Am i allowed to bring electronics such as smartphone or labtop?
Will there be a store where i can buy items such as razor, toothpaste, and toothbrush etc?

This is such a short notice and im leaving for it very shortly. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out on this in detail because i have absolutely no clue. Thank you so much in advance.

misissauce said:
i am leaving for BMQ very shortly. I was wandering if people that went to do BMQ could help me out on this.

items such as pillow and blankets will be provided?
Am i allowed to bring electronics such as smartphone or labtop?
Will there be a store where i can buy items such as razor, toothpaste, and toothbrush etc?

This is such a short notice and im leaving for it very shortly. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out on this in detail because i have absolutely no clue. Thank you so much in advance.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school-joining-instructions.page

All the info you'll need

Just bring what's on the list. Bring your cell phone because you will want it for weekends.

The meaford joining instructions will lay out the basic items you need.

You will be sleeping in a tent, with others on a cot, sleeping bags will be provided, pillows will not. You will be given everything you need except for toiletries. There is a Canex on base, but it is common for instructors to make the building off limits for recruits,.... to limit the amount of kit they buy and candy and food to stuff their face with.

Though essential items like a razor, toothpaste etc they will probably bring you over

Ensure you bring clothing for exercise and proper footwear.

You will be issued a barrack box with duffle bags, so feel free to bring normal clothing as well for when you are on leave.

Some troops come with no personal kit and it leads for a bad time.

Remember, it may be basic training, but your time off is your time off, bring clothes to go into town, bring a laptop to watch some tv if you wish.

Good luck, perhaps ill be instructing you

I highly suggest bringing a couple sets of casual civvy clothes for when you get off indoc and you have your weekends... unless you wanna be that guy who wears his suit and tie to the mess ; ).

Kind of on topic.
What about our own fitness gear? I'm into martial arts and love to jump rope.
I'd love to bring my rope and maybe something for doing my karate in on spare time in the fitness facility.
I'm assuming the clothing would fall under civilian clothing, but would my rope be allowed? I love my rope!!

You'll hardly have time to do that kind of stuff unless you're doing it on your weekends off if you no kit to attend to. So with that, just shove it in with your civvy stuff and bring it with you if you want. When they do the civvy inspection they'll ask you about it, give you an odd look, then walk away heh.

Thank you for your kind responses.
I will bring just my rope and gi pants. I can't go 3-4 months without karateĀ  :'(

Back