• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

what is the best thing to get to Borden form Tronto Airport

mysteriousmind

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
I have a quick Question,

One of my buddy is tasked in Wainright now and is sent back to Borden to do his clearance as his QL3 is starting next Monday, he was wondering what is the best thing (and cheapest) to get from Toronto airport to Borden.

I have check with the local transport company  and its a 3h trip from airport to Barrie and then...taxi to get on base.

Any suggestion to give him, there seem to be lack of cooperation for him in Wainright.

Thanks for the help.

Simcoe Airport Shuttle will pick him up at the terminal and take him to the building he needs to go to on base.  They charge $45 for the fare, but it doesn't matter because it's claimed on his travel claim anyways

Connection Shuttle Service... I believe it ran me $50 there or it was $65 return trip. Not sure why it was a different price for the return. But it still work fine. They will even take you to accommodation and then take you to the shacks. Nice deal. I don't have the number on me, but it was on the CFSAL joining instructions at one time I believe.

Who told him it was three hours?!  It's less than 100km I'm pretty sure.  Airport transport to Peterborough where I used to live was less than $100 and it's further than Borden.  In fact, here's a link:

http://www.simcoecountyairportservice.ca/

They quote $48, you just make a reservation and meet them at the Ground Transportation desk.

well the 3 hours was with the go transport, when I check las evening...he took a bus to downtown Toronto, an other and a third to barrie to finally take a cab to Borden base.

but the Simcoe is much better. thanks for the info.

Using the PMCL bus service was about 3 hours if not more doing a milk run on the way, Simcoe & Connections though are less then 1 hour.

Sgt  Schultz said:
Connection Shuttle Service... I believe it ran me $50 there or it was $65 return trip. Not sure why it was a different price for the return.

The different price is because the Toronto airport charges the taxis and shuttles a fee to pick up there.  Connections passes it on.  What I found unfair - the van gets charged one fee from the airport authority, but charges the fee to each passenger on board  ???

But I used Connections when I was posted to Borden.  Never had a problem.

http://www.connections.yp.ca/en_CA/index.html

MM,
IF and only IF, there are 3 or more of them requiring transport to Borden, they can put in a Transport Request thru Base Transport...I suggest they talk to the recruiter?? or the Tn people in WW.  Just a thought and it will cost 0...zilch.
my $0.02 worth...

BYT Driver said:
MM,
IF and only IF, there are 3 or more of them requiring transport to Borden, they can put in a Transport Request thru Base Transport...I suggest they talk to the recruiter?? or the Tn people in WW.  Just a thought and it will cost 0...zilch.
my $0.02 worth...

thanks for the info...but like i said there seems to be a lack of coordination down in WW as he was supposed to get back friday instead of today..ill keep you guys inform on how the great info you gave me helped out my buddy.

mysteriousmind said:
thanks for the info...but like i said there seems to be a lack of coordination down in WW as he was supposed to get back friday instead of today..ill keep you guys inform on how the great info you gave me helped out my buddy.

All it could be is an email with a DND 645 attached to it.  ;D

Might need a FIN CODE too.

Regards,
Schultz

MDOs...heck...I'd do it for a lunch claim. ;D
MM, there are many ways to get from PIA to Borden at differing costs...most of which are claimable.
  :D BYTD

BYT Driver said:
MM, there are many ways to get from PIA to Borden at differing costs...most of which are claimable.
  :D BYTD

Good set of sneakers?  ;D

Lunch?    Baw! I'm a high roller.. I go for the supper deal. Think big!

Back