• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is the 2x10 fitness test?

rcr

Inactive
Reaction score
May not be suited for this thread, but what is/was a 2x10? I take it was a leg-borne excersise, or a march? (I also know it to be a dimension of lumber - which I work with regularly  :))

archer said:
May not be suited for this thread, but what is/was a 2x10? I take it was a leg-borne excersise, or a march? (I also know it to be a dimension of lumber - which I work with regularly   :))

Probably not suitable for this thread - DS will move it.

To answer your question:

A 2 X 10 was what we had prior to the BFT.  It consisted of two 10 MILE marches on successive days.  The first day was completed in Battle Order (cbts complete, rucksack, weapon, etcetera), and the second day was done in Fighting Order (cbts, webbing, weapon, etcetera - no ruck).  There was a time limit for completion, but what it was escapes me at the moment.

Hope that helps.

If I remember correctly it was something like 2:30 day one, and 2:45 day two. I honestly can't remember exactly. But if you were in the Airborne Regiment it was 2 hours flat both days. Hope that makes it clear as mud! ;)

2 Cdo said:
If I remember correctly it was something like 2:30 day one, and 2:45 day two. I honestly can't remember exactly. But if you were in the Airborne Regiment it was 2 hours flat both days. Hope that makes it clear as mud! ;)

I remember this part too!:

"We are the Airborne"

"The Mighty Mighty Airborne"

IIRC the actualy CABG/SSF 2x10 was with ruck both days.

They later made an across the board Army watered down version 13km ruck with day 2 16km FFO with a obstacle and fallign plate rifle shoot

now that has been disolved into a one day lame attempt 13km

KevinB said:

They later made an across the board Army watered down version 13km ruck with day 2 16km FFO with a obstacle and fallign plate rifle shoot

Hey, you're right -I'd forgotten about the falling plate shoot. 

Seems to me that for a while (maybe only for a year or two), at least in the AB Regt, the second day was a 16 Km Pl march, with skills stands along the way (navigation, FA, AFV Recognition, etc) - and the Pl's time was that of the last man to finish - as it should be - it encourage teamwork.  Although, I may be mixing up two different events here.

If I remember correctly the across the board Army 2 x 10 mile was considered the Gen Watters Battle Fitness Competition.

Day 1 - 10 miles with Full Marching Order (rucksack, webbing, rifle) - time 2h46m. 

Day 2 (within 24 hours of start of day 1 march) - Fighting Order (FMO less rucksack) - time 2h24m.

Must finish as a group = time for all was time for slowest person.

I think Gunner98 is closer than the rest of us to the "Official" definition.

As usual, many units "tweaked" the rules for their own reasons.

I thought the General Watters march was short lived the 29km

That's great everyone, thanks.  I tried searching for the definition, but no go.  Sounds like fun, that 2x10. :)

KevinB said:
I thought the General Watters march was short lived the 29km

Wasn't that the CO's fun run?  ;D

The Gen Waters competition was based on the second day results. The times given by Gunner98 were the minimum. The time given by KevinB was the more sought after time. Heaven help you if you were past 2 hrs.
You also had to jump the 8 ft ditch, 6' wall, and firemans carry for 100m.

what does the bft consist of these days, i have been in the airfarce for the last 5 years. kinda out of the loop

BFT - 13km (2h23m) + 100m Fireman's Carry, soon it will include trench dig and ammo box load/throw.

Edit - math error - 13km with avg speed of 11 mins/km.  Full marching order - who really knows where the helmet is suppose to be - carried, worn?

Gunner98 said:
BFT - 13km (2h26m) + 100m Fireman's Carry, soon it will include trench dig and ammo box load/throw.
precisely. And if you fail it, nobody will do a damn thing about it, and you can continue to wear you CADPAT muumuu with pride.

Not that I'm bitter, or anything.

You probably won't be able to wear a CADPAT headband to complement the CADPAT muumuu during the test. ;D

Gunner98 said:
Full marching order - who really knows where the helmet is suppose to be - carried, worn?

While doing PT with my company in Pet (road run), I overheard one unit we passed being briefed for their BFT.  "You need not wear your helmet" the OC said, "but it must accompany you during the test." ::)

It's all in how you read the LFCO...

KevinB said:

Also the 1.5 k. run in fighting order is no longer.

I did the trial for the new BFT which is 13km ruck,100m fireman carry,simulated loading of ammo cans into the back of an MLVW (timed event), and shoveling gravel from one box to another box (timed event) but the last I heard they where not going to introduce the last two events.

KevinB said:

I remember the falling plate shoot as well.  Was doing my QL3 in Wainwright and we were issued ammo at the start of the ruck march to use during the shoot.  Though, the problem was that we'd never been given the opportunity to zero our C-7s.  Great results on the shoot with that!  ::)

Back