• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is everyone doing in their spare time while waiting for the call?

Brandonfw

Inactive
Reaction score
So I was wondering what everyone is doing during their spare time while waiting for that "special" call.  :p

Currently, for the past two weeks, a co-worker and I have been trying to learn German. So far, we can count up into the thousands now :D Spelling in German on the other hand is completely out of the question for now haha  ;D

-Brandonfw

Playing world of tank haha. Its less rewarding but still fun.

I was told that it was good, and one friend keeps bugging me to get it... haha

Exercising, watching all of the Basic Up episodes, trolling Forces.ca and this forum for information that will help me at BMQ and MTC. Can't be too prepared, can we?

But more usually, I end up:

jlv031 said:
Playing world of tanks

And a few other games. . . After all, like he said, won't get much time for that stuff at Basic and such. . .

Working and playing tower defense games hours on end.

Get me out of this rut.

Eating right working out, I have been stuck on some medical issues since October and have been in this process since may. I would also play xbox but all my games are old and I have no money for live  :crybaby:.

climbing 1300 steps up the Hamilton mountain at least an hour everyday lol

Got a six month wait on my file. So took a night school class in calculus. BTW, does anyone know if night school is looked at the same as regular school? Or is a credit a credit. Either way, class ends a month before my file gets reopened.

Working out, MMA, working two jobs directly related to the trades I want, volunteering with the Red Cross, visiting CF Bases and museums, networking with CF and US Army members, learning about everything and anything related to CF, being excited for the new fiscal year... Gotta do everything possible to be prepared and get a higher score for the Merit List!

Milhouse said:
Got a six month wait on my file. So took a night school class in calculus. BTW, does anyone know if night school is looked at the same as regular school? Or is a credit a credit. Either way, class ends a month before my file gets reopened.

A credit is a credit. No need to worry about that.

This month I've been playing a ton of Battlefield 4, Garrys Mod, and Defiance. :D

You should try playing "get the fuck out and do PT so you don't end up recoursed or worse because you're not in the shape you should be"

Awesome game. Epic level ups.

Doing PT, eating better, reviewing my math from elementary to math 12, so I don't get too surprised if I'm sent to Trenton for aircrew selection (AEC). Also considering a plan B if things don't go as planned. I'm fairly isolated right now, living in the bush, so any news coming from the CF will be a blessing. I'm slowly discovering the forces.gc.ca website, there's many interesting documents on it. I might also get back into ham radio, but it's been a while.

Scott said:
You should try playing "get the fuck out and do PT so you don't end up recoursed or worse because you're not in the shape you should be"

:rofl: So true!

I love those level ups ;D

Scott said:
You should try playing "get the frig out and do PT so you don't end up recoursed or worse because you're not in the shape you should be"

A friend and mine and I use to try doing push ups every time we died in a game (about 5 push ups every death) but I died a ton, so it got very, VERY exhausting XD

Brandonfw said:
A friend and mine and I use to try doing push ups every time we died in a game (about 5 push ups every death) but I died a ton, so it got very, VERY exhausting XD

Do more.

And run.

Trust me.

I recommend jump rope, really good for the cardio, balance, and response time. Nothing wrong with a little bit of video games here and there, They are actually proven to help people be more creative. Just dont let it impact your physical well being.

Back