• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What I want for Xmas (Body Armour Related)

AlphaCharlie said:
Considering that so far in my tour, the plates have already saved a life, I wouldn't say they are junk. As for goggles, we have been issued aftermarket stuff, purchased by our coy and it works great. If you *really* need something, the army will give it to you, and if your CoC has any common sense they will buy the right gear.

HAHAHA please.  When we were outside the wire doing the business we still had guys with no pek 4, short c9s, pistol grips and such  while wogs on KAF were walking with that shit on their guns given to them by supply.  You live in a dream world if you think the army will always give it to you.  Another case of balls cupping army love.

FWIW I ran my own body armour over there in a releasable vest and with a plate carrier, I'll take the peace of mind that my stuff will stop most anything the dirkas can throw at it , vice the level 2A crap the Army issues, which may or may not contain Zylon materials.

MG34 said:
FWIW I ran my own body armour over there in a releasable vest and with a plate carrier, I'll take the peace of mind that my stuff will stop most anything the dirkas can throw at it , vice the level 2A crap the Army issues, which may or may not contain Zylon materials.

There you go Alpha Charlie from a man with a little more rank than you. 
I agree I saw guys in A Coy 1PPCLI wearing their own plate holders (Not actual plates and wished I had my own.  They looks so comfortable and not cumbersome like ours. 

Back