• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

what i hear...

awaung

Inactive
Reaction score
From what i have hear, don't know if this is true or not, but when you go to basic, they split you up, depending if your ground, air, sea. is this true or is it a bunch of b.s.? thanks

Why do they split them up, are there this that are harder/easier. more/less training on specific things?

In general (though there are no doubt exceptions), BMQ courses are programmed to feed the trade schools and training centres with groups large enough for the follow-on courses.  This means it's an efficiency measure to group trainees by trade to match the later course schedules with full platoons of graduates.  A principal spin-off benefit is that trainees start building their peer groups sooner and move through the training system together.

i will be joining the air force for avn tech. does this mean not as much running, or will it be the same, just the people i'm with are in the same course/programme?

This must've changed this year.. last fall while I was doing bmq. we had all three elements, from airforce clerks to army infantry.. when did this change? it makes sense (get to train with course mates longer and on different course), even though I liked having all three together... look forward to comparing the 2 different format grouping when I go back on bmq (made the huge mistake of VRing the first time).

awaung said:
i will be joining the air force for avn tech. does this mean not as much running, or will it be the same?

Ha, I suggest you have a decent pair of runners, and that they are broke in.

Good luck in your training.

Cheers,

Wes

BMQ... is Basic for everyone. Each person has to do it. Doesn't matter what trade or element. The standard is the same all over. As for PT,  your course DS have to do so many PT sessions per week with you. Now for what type, usally depends on what the DS want.

If you have anymore questions in this field, a lot of us here have taught BMQ.

Regards,
TN2IC

Back