• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What have you won thus far in the Roll Up the Rim?

12 coffee (and 1 on the go now); 24 rolls and 1 win (a coffee!!). Yes Houston, I'm prepping for EX HW and caffeine OD is required - Timmies will not be going out of business for the next month if I can help it.

For those unaware of the online:

http://www.rolluptherimtowin.com/en/index.php

News report link CTV.ca

'Roll Up The Rim' returns: Tim Hortons contest back for Canada 150

How many people are enjoying a second chance to roll up this year, until July 21st?
The $10,000 vacation prize is a cool prize. I like it better than winning a car.

Huzzah! That'll make my day shift on Saturday a bit brighter. :D

kratz said:
News report link CTV.ca

How many people are enjoying a second chance to roll up this year, until July 21st?
The $10,000 vacation prize is a cool prize. I like it better than winning a car.

I got a few of these cups on my drive across the country this week.  I drink them "Large Black with a sleeve please", so it took me until coffee 4 to realize that they were roll up the rims (I did notice the red & white cup, but just thought it was a Canada 150 version print).  When I finally placed the coffee in my cup holder in such a manner that I notice the yellow roll-up arrow my first thought was "shit, what have I already thrown away". Dammit.  I won on 3 of my next 5 cups (all free coffees).

To the guy on here that I linked up with in T-Bay ... go dive into that garbage can next to where we were standing when we met, there could be a trip in that bin!!  ;D

So first cup first try for this special edition and I won a coffee. It is an easy way to keep me happy.

I actually get quite lucky with roll up the rim, last time it came around I got 3 free coffees in a row and a bunch of free donuts

Day 4 of RUTRTW this year.

How goes the prize count for everyone still drinking Tim Hortons.

ArmyVern said:

Whew, for a moment I thought I was missing out on a second chance to win...then I realized the 2017 date of the post...

Batting .500 so far; won a free coffee. Sounds like it can be redeemed for any hot beverage of any size.

Story of my RUTRTW life...played for the first time this year
But I went to Timmies to get a coffee, and I got what I payed for so no complaints

Tom

Attachments

• rolluptherim (1).jpg
    rolluptherim (1).jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 186
I won a BMI enhancer yesterday...first time in awhile where I haven't received anything more than an invitation...

MM

My Roll up the Rim experience is equivalent to my lottery experience...on the very, very rare occasion I win, I win small.

0 for 7 right now.

but I always get a free coffee every sixth cup at MacDonald's.  Guaranteed win.

Remius said:
0 for 7 right now.

but I always get a free coffee every sixth cup at MacDonald's.  Guaranteed win.

...and much better coffee! :nod:

If you haven't tried an Americano at McD's, its worth the extra cents. Freshly ground on order, stronger, great taste. Only available at stores vice kiosks. McD's coffee is better IMO as stated.

There was a typo on my last cup.  They spelled "Jeep" as "Please Play Again".

Tim's moved to a virtual model this year.  A statistics professor bought some coffee, made some assumptions, waited... and won on 98% of his games.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/tim-hortons-roll-up-the-rim-statistician/

Did anyone win anything this year? I know I didn't, but I wasn't going to get their app just to participate, although a couple of times the person scanned something at the cash, which they said was checking to see if I won. It's just seemed to fizzle out as soon as they announced they were withdrawing the cups...

Speaking of...

Ontario professor says he’s cracked the code for winning Tim Hortons' Roll Up the Rim to Win

... In the traditional contest where each cup has a prize printed on it, it didn't matter how many people bought cups, Wallace explains—players always had the same odds of winning.
With the digital rolling system, though, that wasn't the case. Instead of being available the moment you bought the cup, the digital prizes are only available the moment you play your roll.
"They pulled this off by distributing the prizes across the contest period into things called 'winning timeframes,'" Wallace explains.
"These were short intervals of time (0.1-1 second) during which a prize was available to be claimed. If you were the first player to tap the screen during that window, you won the prize. If no-one tapped the screen during the window, the prize went unclaimed."

He says when he read the rules of the game, he found that an unclaimed prize wouldn't be lost: it would be re-randomized for another time later in the game.
An unclaimed prize would get assigned a new winning timeframe until somebody won it...

Full article:

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/mobile/ontario-professor-says-he-s-cracked-the-code-for-winning-tim-hortons-roll-up-the-rim-to-win-1.4909182

Back