• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What happens if you are sworn in as a pilot, but failed a course (ex. phase 2,3)

Good2Golf said:
You couldn't go ACSO (new term for ANAV) unless you wrote and passed the ACSO exam (95% required to pass).

Are you sure that's accurate? I'm fairly certain I didn't even answer 95% of the questions much less get them correct and I still managed to pass.

I'd like to know if 95% on the ACSO test is actually required to become one (can someone verify this)?

niceasdrhuxtable said:
Are you sure that's accurate? I'm fairly certain I didn't even answer 95% of the questions much less get them correct and I still managed to pass.

I was told that by a recruiting officer and also know a personal experience of someone who achieved just under 95% and was told they were not eligible to apply to ACSO. 

You could confirm that personally on your own at a recruiting center.

Regards
G2G

What use to be common in recruiting (mid 80"s) was to use percentile not actual %.
On a test you may not actually score 95% but if your score was in the best 5% of the overall scores that would be 95 percentile.
For example if on a given test if only 5% of the people who wrote the test traditionally scored better than an actual 80% average  if you scored better than 80% you would be in the top 5 percentile or 95 percentile.
Not sure if they still use this system though.

When I wrote the exam they told me I got 9/9 - the test has multiple parts and tons of questions.

I would be shocked if they marked it on a straight percentage scale, as there are parts put in that 99% of people just cannot finish in the alotted time.

Winged pilot or aspiring to be one, you're always 2 flights away from a review board....  :-\    Just don't suck. 

Back