• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What does SUEP mean?

the_girlfirend

Inactive
Reaction score
We hear a lot about ROTP, DEO, CEOTP... but I cannot find the meaning of SUEP, what does it mean?

Thanks

Subsidized University Education Plan - NCM (SUEP-NCM).

Subsidized University Education Plan for Non-
Commissioned Members (SUEP-NCM).
This is a
competitive commissioning program managed by DMCA for
NCMs who have displayed strong leadership ability and
academic potential. SUEP-NCM will be an annual program
opened by message to indicate the officer occupations open
for application. It is a fully subsidized degree program that
11/22 CF MIL PERS INSTR 03/08 – Component Transfer
involves full-time educational pursuit at a recognized
Canadian university (see Notes).

Oh God... thank you Vern...

I just requested a component/occupational transfer... and I needed to choose my entry plan...the choice was ROTP, CEOTP, SUEP and something else (I remember there was no DEO in the choice) The recruiter was confused too but he told me to select SUEP...  So I selected the SUEP, but I do have a University degree already... I am not sure what I should do now...  ???

Actually, it stands for Subsidized University Education Plans, and it's a generic term for a number of plans.

1. IBDP Initial Baccalaureate Degree Programme
2. MDTP Military Dental Training Plan
3. MMTP Military Medical Training Plan
4. MLTP Military Legal Training Plan
5. MPTP Military Pharmacist Training Plan
6. MCTP Military Chaplain Training Plan
7. PGTP Post Graduate Training Plan
8. PGTP-S Post Graduate Training Plan On Scholarship

It also covers component transfer programs such as SUEP-NCM and SUEP-O, as ArmyVern pointed out.

the_girlfirend said:
I just requested a component/occupational transfer... and I needed to choose my entry plan...the choice was ROTP, CEOTP, SUEP and something else (I remember there was no DEO in the choice) The recruiter was confused too but he told me to select SUEP...  So I selected the SUEP, but I do have a University degree already... I am not sure what I should do now...  ???

Something doesn't sound right there.  All of these programs are aimed at getting you an undergrad or post-grad degree, but you already have one.  The fact that there was no DEO option (on a form??) should be sounding warning bells, and the recruiter should've sought further direction on the matter.

Thank you very much for the info,
Since the transfer has been initiated already... I don't know if I should go back to the CFRC or my unit or the DMCA directly... I will look into this. thank you very much

My gut feeling is to tell you to check with the CFRC - I assume they're the ones that asked you to make the selection?

It would be wise to nip any administrative error in the bud, before it snowballs and they have you scheduled to attend a university somewhere  ;D

Back