• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What are you listening to/fav type of music

bekkamgov said:
I would have to say anything 2PAC.. He is a legend. Gangster Rap would not be what it is with out him.

Oh yeah can't forget 50 cent..
50 is forgettable.

Pac is a legend. 

The best, most consistent hip hop IMO is anything WU TANG or EPMD related.  They never fail to impress me and I hear something new each time I listen to them. 

I don't think 50 is as bad as most say he is but I couldn't write home about him.  As far as mainsteam artists go Busta Rhymes and even Ludacris are miles ahead of him

what I like most about 50 is that he is real I have read 50 biography and everthing he has written in his music he has done. Not like for example dr. dre who write about shoot gun and rolling with gangs and never done it( I'm reading his biography right now).

bekkamgov said:
50 is the sexiest man I ever seen.. I'm in love with him..hahaha

This guy?:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent

bekkamgov said:
what I like most about 50 is that he is real I have read 50 biography and everthing he has written in his music he has done. Not like for example dr. dre who write about shoot gun and rolling with gangs and never done it( I'm reading his biography right now).
You do realize that 50 would be nowhere without Dr. Dre. 

bekkamgov said:

Yeah, all my heroes are bitch slappin', coke snortin', gun totin', cop hatin' thugs too.

bekkamgov said:
yep.. he makes me drool everytime I see him..had a crush forever.. :p ;D

This is the guy he named himself after:
"Kelvin 50 Martin (July 24, 1964– October 24, 1987), known to the underworld as 50 Cent, was an African American criminal who grew up in the Bronx, New York, but later moved to Brooklyn, New York and was known as a stick-up kid in a Public Housing Project in Fort Greene, Brooklyn.":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin_Martin

I think his music sucks
If only there was a thread of "music I hate the most"

well it is better then headbangging, slit your wrist music that you can understand what they are saying .. what I like about hip hop is that it is about life. If you have to live it to understand it.

Yeah, all my heroes are ***** slappin', coke snortin', gun totin', cop hatin' thugs too.

No it's about low life, not life.  I'll be half a century old next May, and I've done plenty of living, and seen things that would make these thugs shit their diapers, but thanks for the life lesson all the same.

That was my life until I got off the street when I was pregnant with my son and decided I wanted to work in law enforcement.

Yup, he could play a little.  If there's a rock 'n' roll heaven, you know they got a helluva band.

bekkamgov said:
That was my life until I got off the street when I was pregnant with my son and decided I wanted to work in law enforcement.

People are obviously buying his records:
http://knowyournetworth.com/50_cent_net_worth.html

Always been a big fan of TOOL (I'm a drummer so I respect Danny Carey's skill) and Dead Can Dance (also a very percussion oriented band).

TOOL played in Edmonton last night. Unfortunately the ticket prices were too high ($150 each for floor) so I didn't get to see them. I've been to two of their concerts before, so I don't feel too bad.

Back