• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Well well well another CTS triumph

MG34
My intent was to suggest that the two should be looked at concurrently - not separately.

To date I have used 50s, 60s, 80s & 00 pattern webbing - they all have their problems.  Nothing is perfect... but considering some of the other systems out on the international market that come awful close, you would think CTS should be paying attention.

geo said:
MG34
My intent was to suggest that the two should be looked at concurrently - not separately.

To date I have used 50s, 60s, 80s & 00 pattern webbing - they all have their problems.  Nothing is perfect... but considering some of the other systems out on the international market that come awful close, you would think CTS should be paying attention.

Thats the key eh Geo, clearly they don't or they do too much but regardless they haven't listened to us for some time.

That would imply them actually doing their job and putting the soldier first. I know that they do not operate with unlimited resources and all that but how hard would it be to send one or two down to say the OTAB show or hell even SHOT show to see what is out there beyond the end of their noses.

Ah well... guess some people are more motivated than others.

Lets get the CTS people to strap on the kit and go on mission (at the pointy end of things) for just one ROTO.

Must be dreaming again :)

I'm all for sending them to AUSA, Modern Day Marine, TREXPO, and SHOT (and others) but it also needs to go hand in hand with units etc. taking a serious interest in bettering their kit etc.

Its fine for the less than or equal to WO, and Capt and lower crowd to complain based on recent operations - but the CO's and CWO's need to start taking feedback from the troops and pushing it up.

Maybe instead of sending all the unti SNCO's and Officers golfing in the States for a leadership symposium (and yes I do knwo a LCol that did that) - send a few Pte/Cpl's with a Jack, Sgt,WO and two to three officers to the aforementioned shows to get ideas - and share info with other units.

I still feel the unit level S7 cell run by a tech WO /Master Gunner is the way to run things...

+1 I6 (though I've never been on that kind of junket)

Infidel-6 said:
R031 - DLR/CTS likes to show up pre tour and brief troops on their kit...
  They dont take feedback anyway - so they like to show up pre-deployment
*some do take feedback but are muzzled or ignored
DLR maintains a tech LO in theatre to feed back what works and what does not work with respect to kit & equipment.  On Monday, reps from DLR will be visiting Gagetown (I've been told they will be joined by folk from lessons learned) to get information fresh from 1-07.  I know it is a hobby for some to demonize DLR, but DLR is trying to listen.

Infidel-6 said:
..  but the CO's and CWO's need to start taking feedback from the troops and pushing it up.
This is true. The requirements that the chain of command gets behind are moving rather quickly.  The quantity of UORs flowing into theatre shows this.

Even the DLR guys that do listen (typically the Sgt/WO and Capt/Maj) get squashed by the seniors.
  I know several that beat their heads to a pulp.

and the tech LO's job should not be to tell people they are carrying to much ammo and water  ;)

Back