• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

weight loss in BMQ

lol.  I was taling to my DH last night and he informed me that so far during his SQ course he has only lost another 5 pounds.  He has gained another 2 inches in his chest though which brings his chest to 54".  Not one inch of that is fat either. 

I wasn't kidding when I said that he was very muscular.  lol.

Shadow Cat said:
lol.   I was taling to my DH last night and he informed me that so far during his SQ course he has only lost another 5 pounds.   He has gained another 2 inches in his chest though which brings his chest to 54".   Not one inch of that is fat either.  

I wasn't kidding when I said that he was very muscular.   lol.

My hubby is very barrel chested, so when he went off to do his training, he came back HUGE!!

and I loved it!!

I love it too.  He is always carrying me everywhere and I had the recent enjoyment of going for a shoulder piggy back ride.  ;D

What about weight GAIN?

I, myself, am standing 6'2" and weigh roughly 180-185lbs...I wouldn't mind adding a few healthy pounds to that..  Does anybody have the opposite experience of filling out and thickening up? I heard some have gained as much as 20-30lbs in purely muscle during basic..

Cheers

Lucky girl!! My hubby is short and stumpy, so shoulder piggy backs aren't all that much fun....

As for gaining more weight, I foudn this info..hope it helps.

Winning at weight gain comes down to pairing a balanced eating pattern with regular physical activity - like any healthy lifestyle. While many overweight people find it difficult to shed extra pounds, those who are underweight face their own challenges trying to keep each pound and add more. The good news for those trying to gain weight is that adding pounds can be simplified by following these healthy and practical tips.
Plan ahead for extra meals and snacks.
The key to gaining weight is shifting the body weight equation so that you take in more calories than you burn. To gain weight, you may need to eat more food. Instead of the traditional "three squares a day," add two or three substantial snacks between three moderate-size meals. By spreading out your food choices during the day, you'll be more likely to enjoy your meals and snacks without feeling overstuffed.

Concentrate on calories
Tip the scales toward weight gain by choosing foods that are "calorie-dense," or high in calories. While rich desserts and fried foods quickly come to mind, the emphasis should be on foods that pack other nutrients, such as protein, vitamins, and minerals, in addition to calories.

Where can you start?

Begin by choosing calorie-rich foods from each group of the Food Guide Pyramid shown below, plus fats, oils, and sweets in moderation. Aim for the higher end of the recommended number of servings from each group shown in the Pyramid. Here are some calorie-dense, nutritious foods:

Bread, cereal, rice, and pasta: granola, bagels, biscuits, cornbread

Fruits: canned fruit in syrup, dried fruits, fruit nectars

Vegetables: avocado, olives, potatoes, peas, corn, squash

Meat, poultry, fish, dry beans, eggs, and nuts: beef, pork, lamb, poultry, salmon, swordfish, omelets, nuts, peanut butter, kidney beans, chickpeas

Milk, yogurt, and cheese: milk, fruited yogurts, hard cheeses, ice cream, puddings, custards, milkshakes

Use in moderation fats, oils, and sweets, such as butter, margarine, sour cream, cream cheese, gravy, salad dressings, jellies, jams, honey, and candies.

Maximize each mouthful
Incorporating extra calories into everyday meals can make eating a creative and flavorful experience. Try adding these nutritious, calorie-packed combinations to your meals:

Use milk in place of water in hot cereal, soups, and sauces. Sprinkle powdered milk into casseroles and meatloaf for added calories, protein, and calcium.

Add avocado, cheese, and salad dressings to sandwiches. Even fat-free dressings and cheeses will add calories without added fat.

Mix cooked, chopped meat, wheat germ, nuts, beans, or cheese into casseroles, side dishes, and pasta.

Choose calorie-dense beverages, appetizers, soup, salads, entrees, and desserts when dining out. Take home leftovers for a snack.

Let snacks work in your favor
Smart snacking plays an important role in gaining weight. Choose snacks that add calories, vitamins, and minerals, such as powdered milk added to a yogurt or ice cream-based shake with fruit and fruit juice. Dip crackers, chips, and fresh vegetable relishes into high-calorie dips made with cheese, sour cream (either regular or reduced-fat), mashed beans, or fat-free salad dressings. Space out snacks during the day so you don't spoil your appetite for later meals.

Thanks, Springroll!

I copied that down and will be re-evaluating my diet...

Cheers

Patrick H. said:
Thanks, Springroll!

I copied that down and will be re-evaluating my diet...

Cheers

Do a google search on weight gain and you will get quite a few choices.

I believe that one was #3 on the list....

Good luck with it, and if that doesn't work, you can arrange for the lipo and I will donate some of my weight to you.... ;D

LOL! everyone on here talked about weight loss in BMQ, I gained weight...something like 5 pounds. I guess it's how you take the course, we were allowed to work-out at the gym on the weekends and during the last 4 weeks of BMQ also on weekends. My WO was an ex-CAR guy so sometimes it pays to have hard instructors above you as they give you the opportunity to work out and get pumped. it's a treat if you feel that you aren't getting enough exercise on course and it sure helps when you can pump some iron after 1800 hrs, makes the process of rushing through prepping for inspections and getting to bed by 2200 hrs a lot better after an hour work-out  ;D

I lost 11 pounds...which is to be expected running around in 40 humidex with all your combats on!  :salute:

Patrick H. said:
What about weight GAIN?

I, myself, am standing 6'2" and weigh roughly 180-185lbs...I wouldn't mind adding a few healthy pounds to that..   Does anybody have the opposite experience of filling out and thickening up? I heard some have gained as much as 20-30lbs in purely muscle during basic..

Cheers

Humanly impossible, even for bodybuilders on everything but rollerskates. It might be 20 or 30 pounds gained but there is fat and water in there too remember.

I'm a skinny bastard too, 6'3" and about 170 pounds but I can run for miles (less weight to carry around..) and pushups aren't a problem either since they are an endurance exercise more than they are a strength exercise.

I really just hope to lose body fat at BMQ. I will not get the full experience as i will be attending BMQ during the fall for the reserves, so it is not a continuous thing; I get to go home after a hard weekend and work out again. However, i will use it as a chance to better my physical abilities. Currently i am 183lbs standing 5'11" and 18% BF, so i can trim down abit, hopefully, without losing much muscle if any.... perhaps build some more  :D 
Ciao  :salute:

Back