• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

webbing to tactical vest?

the burkalator

Inactive
Reaction score
how long will it be until the reserve regiments swich from the webbing to the tactical vest? seems like awile.

31 BDE is scheduled for September.  ;D

Dont hold your breath.

We are short in the regs - we had to swap vests for some guys with guys who wear not going to Afghan...

The RCD BG gave me mine on tour and I still got it. Works good but is more for "short term" use unlike the webbing, it's easier to run in and fit's lots.

What a fight it was trying to get the RCD BG to let us keep the tac vests :)

The vest doesnt have the butt pack space on a webbing but i'm not going to be very far away from my rucksack or if i am i'll have a nuke back with me anyways. I find it's woth the trade off.

Try this one out guys-

Yesterday I got kitted out for my ex. COmbats, NEW combat boots, and my web belt and gear. However I didnt get a shoulder rig for my webbing. Just the belt!! What the hell is that? Is that normal? I was sure you always had the shoulder system...but I was told that I didnt know what I was talking about. So I shrugged. Have you guys heard of wearing just the belt? Also I wasnt supplied with shoulder flashes either because stores "didnt have any". So me and the 10 guys are going to look like assbites when we show up.

Everybody in 34 get Tacticals Vests.   Im a recruit and i have one.

Rank slip ons keep falling  :mad:  I lost 2

apparantely the 32 and 31 will all be geting issued their TV's starting September 16 2004, but remember "hurry up and wait." so dont expect it until you see them in your Local ASU

the 35 brigade is giving at the moment the tactical vest. You can even see recruits at Val-Cartier wearing them  ;)

I remember when we got the new brain buckets

"Do not use helmet as a seat" Cause soldiers just LOVE getting a case of the piles

"Do not use helmet as a wash basin" Whatever happened to efficiency?

"Do not use helmet as a digging tool" Canteen cup here I come.

Ghost, I too used to get along just fine with the old webbing and a nuke bag. I'd be able to clear some space in my buttpack because I had the IP bag and when I wore my ruck I just strapped the nuke bag to it. And not having so much junk in my buttpack made it a whole lot easier wearing the ruck. Those IP bags were fought for when I was in, same as the Ranger Blankets, I had to buy mine from a Newfie, best investment I made, still use it all the time!

I hear you scott1nsh. When I first got in having a nuke bag was like a holy grail.

I never knew they were issued.  I bet the cannex tries to stifle nuke bags so they can sell more of theirs. Conspiricy.

I never liked having to take the stuff out of my buttpack and put it in my ruck when i had to wear it, vice having the rucksack push down on my buttpack making it uncomfortable.

With the vest you dont have to take it off to drive and best of all, you can lay down on your back without having a bulge in your spine like you get from a buttpack :)

Ghost,
Unfortunately for me I never got any of the new "Tease the Soldier" kit. I did get the helmet and the Gerber, I didn't like the helmet because it was nowhere near as versatile as the old one (Don't get me wrong, the new one is way better) and I kept losing my Gerber so I just left the thing at home after a while.

Not having to get over a gigantic speed bump when doing a combat roll sounds great, it'd also be nice to be able to go prone with your ruck on and not have your head being pushed to the dirt. Maybe all will be solved by the new vests.

Question: Are they coming out with new rucks to go with the vests?

scott1nsh

They are coming out with new rucksacks, I have seen pictures and they are amazing.  Go to canadian peacekeeper and look at the patrol pack.  The new ruck is similar to this , it is bigger and has more pouches etc. on it but the basic system is essentially that.  Backpack sort of style, which looks a lot more comfortable then the existing ruck.

Techy,

Thanks. I am curious to know what sort of frame system they have. I am a very big fan of the ALICE pack system, I just seem to have an easier time carrying loads with it compared to anything Canadian. I have been on Cdn Peacekeeper and have seen that pack, what sort of system is there for valise bags?

New Rucksack

7008-tn.jpg

Photo7-4_b.jpg

Parts of the design
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/2/2732_e.asp

That link was great MJP, thanks.

Wow, looks like soldiering may become comfortable!! I am envious.

Does anyone know if the new packs, or a close copy of, will be available for sale? I'm thinking by Cdn Peacekeeper or someone like that.

Back