• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wearing my uniform as a haloween costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pte.Butt

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is stupid question, but it needed to be asked by someone!
Well tonight is a Halloween dance at my high school. Everyone of my friends, including other soldiers seem to have a costume, aside from me. They suggest ''Hey Butt! Why don't you wear your Army uniform?''. Now I am fine with wearing it, but I am SURE that if a higher up were to encounter me tonight, he/she wouldn't think so. When is it appropriate to wear my uniform outside of duty?

I would say no to that idea, but that is just me. A uniform is a sign of pride, not a halloween costume.

Mike Baker said:
I would say no to that idea, but that is just me.
A uniform is a sign of pride, not a halloween costume.

Very true, didn't think of this. I am probably not going to wear my uniform anyways, but I am still curious of this!

If you have even considered your uniform akin to a costume, you might want to consider turning it in...

Better yet, write up a memo to your CSM requesting to wear your uniform to a dance, imagine his/her reaction.
Carry on from there.

Moral of the story- When in doubt, go through your chain of command.

Locked!

Milnet.ca Staff

CSA 105 has this one wrapped up in spades.....and something about an old hockey mask for Halloween is just right for the occasion.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back