• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wearing issued boots in civy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Journeyman said:
My arid combat boots are my motorcycle-riding boots.

1.  They're comfortable while providing ankle support,
2.  I doubt I'm heading back to a desert any time soon, and
3.  I actually don't care what anyone else thinks...... although getting jacked-up on a street corner has never been a major problem anyway.

That's the extent of my risking being ID'd as an airsofter fashionista, through mixing mil/civ attire.  ;)

Do airsofter fashionistas drive Harleys?  >:D

In one of my more embarrassing moments, in early 1969 or 1970 I was posted to the School of Artillery in Shilo and living in Brandon. There was a cocktail party/reception for a VIP scheduled one evening during the week. To avoid the round trip to go home and change I decided to bring my civvies in to work and that morning loaded up my car and headed to work in combats as I was on the ranges that day. When time came to change, I found to my horror that I had left my dress shoes in Brandon.

So there I was, hobnobbing with the high and mighty in suit, regimental tie and combat boots.

Eye In The Sky said:
Of course, ensure you have your Yukon hat, ....

Don't for get to have the "5 Star" whiskey hatbadge properly centered.    >:D

Old Sweat said:
In one of my more embarrassing moments, in early 1969 or 1970 I was posted to the School of Artillery in Shilo and living in Brandon. There was a cocktail party/reception for a VIP scheduled one evening during the week. To avoid the round trip to go home and change I decided to bring my civvies in to work and that morning loaded up my car and headed to work in combats as I was on the ranges that day. When time came to change, I found to my horror that I had left my dress shoes in Brandon.

So there I was, hobnobbing with the high and mighty in suit, regimental tie and combat boots.
But for a Gunner that's High Fashion!

Old Sweat said:

I was in much the same boat at St Jean for language training, when I found myself having forgotten to bring some shoes.  Evenings in the Mess in suit and ankle boots was to say; a bit awkward.  Sneakers and more causal dress was acceptable at the Chalet St Luc.  ;D    .....As was the scenery.  >:D

George Wallace said:
Do airsofter fashionistas drive Harleys?  >:D

The ones I was referring to didn't. Although I'm sure they pretend they do.

Eye In The Sky said:
And a shagga-delic looking boot they are!! 

Of course, ensure you have your Yukon hat, *1 size to small* floodie DEU pants and matching stretched tight DEU sweater (if you got it, flaunt it...even if "it" is a bought-and-paid- for Muffin Top/shitlocker), and you are all set for all manner of occasions;  Jnr Ranks Christmas dinner, semi-formal Honour Guard duty, reporting for courses, the list is endless....

lmao

Thank you for that.

I managed to get the name of the person who questionned me because of my boots.
I facebooked the person, and my jaw dropped when the first thing I saw was a profile picture of him in (civilian) trekking gear with a (cadpat) smallpack  ::)
Suddenly all the guilt I had felt disapeared...

lambeosaurus said:
I managed to get the name of the person who questionned me because of my boots.
I facebooked the person, and my jaw dropped when the first thing I saw was a profile picture of him in (civilian) trekking gear with a (cadpat) smallpack  ::)
Suddenly all the guilt I had felt disapeared...

Good. We'll lock this silly thing up then.

---Staff---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back