• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Water at BMQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intrepidus said:
it gave me a long term illness.

Humphrey Bogart avoided this by just sticking to imported scotch.

You could always try that. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043265/trivia?tab=tr&item=tr0755491

exabedtech said:
Please tell me you're not joining as a plumber.... then again, please tell me you're not signing up for ANY engineering trades.  :facepalm:

Someday, someone is going to have to break this to you... might as well be me.  That fancy bottled water everyone loves is tap water.  Yes.  It really is tap water.  Unless you actually believe some guy is standing under a spring 24/7 filling bottles by the pallet.

Feel like backing that up?  Because I've installed about 200 commercial RO water purification units to bottling plants and water stores over the last ten years.

Kat Stevens said:
Feel like backing that up?  Because I've installed about 200 commercial RO water purification units to bottling plants and water stores over the last ten years.

There have actually been several articles in the mainstream media in the last few years that point out that so-called "natural spring water" (as it's often advertised) is nothing special and certainly no better than the municipal supply in most communities across North America.  There have even been a few documented cases of bottling companies simply bottling the local municipal supply and selling it for considerable profit.  The problem is that there are few regulations on bottled water.  Even if water is "purified" or "filtered" doesn't mean it's any better than what comes out of the tap and in many places, particularly in Canada and the US, simply isn't.  It all depends on the local water authority. 

Pusser said:
There have actually been several articles in the mainstream media in the last few years that point out that so-called "natural spring water" (as it's often advertised) is nothing special and certainly no better than the municipal supply in most communities across North America.  There have even been a few documented cases of bottling companies simply bottling the local municipal supply and selling it for considerable profit.  The problem is that there are few regulations on bottled water.  Even if water is "purified" or "filtered" doesn't mean it's any better than what comes out of the tap and in many places, particularly in Canada and the US, simply isn't.  It all depends on the local water authority.

One thing about bottled vs tap, the majority of bottled waters on the market are filtered or "purified" from municipal sources, but they strip out the added chlorine and fluoride. Many dentists are discouraging parents from giving heir kids bottled water over tap because they aren't getting the benefit from fluoridation, and are seeing an increase in cavities and related dental issues as a result.

And to throw my :2c: in on this, I haven't been drinking water since taking the water and sewer course during my undergrad.

Do you know what is in that stuff? It was a real eye opener. And what makes it worse is that the government allows all this stuff to be in there. Acceptable concentrations my pattootie. I'm telling you that they  are putting stuff in there to make us all compliant zombies!

:Tin-Foil-Hat:

But if you have to drink water, use the dehydrated stuff. All you need to do is add water. ;D

cupper said:
But if you have to drink water, use the dehydrated stuff. All you need to do is add water. ;D

Was that a SpaceQuest reference?

PFtttttttttttttttttt.  All you here KNOW there is only one kind of TRUE clean, bottled water.  ::)

Well the water on my course (reserves) says not to drink if you are pregnant or if you have a heart problem (and it is tap water) ;D

Loachman said:
Never drink water. Ever.

No matter how much it's been processed, it's still got traces of fish semen in it.

Stick with whiskey, or sherry for the ladies.

I'm loving this thread!

And I agree, never drink water.  Although, I prefer grain alcohol myself! We must preserve and protect our precious bodily fluids!

As General Ripper said: "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Also, do remember to deny your "essence" to sexual partners...  ;)

buy one of these and Never drink any H20 without using it.
http://cascadedesigns.com/msr/water-treatment-and-hydration/expedition-water-treatment-and-hydration/miox-purifier/product
but first use the following on your water to eliminate the first round of baddies.
http://cascadedesigns.com/msr/water-treatment-and-hydration/expedition-water-treatment-and-hydration/miniworks-ex-microfilter/product

And don't worry the DS staff will wait patiently while you use both on their fresh clean water source.

Loachman said:
Stick with whiskey, or sherry for the ladies.
"And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky!"

Colin P said:
I totally agree with the OP

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
And don't forget the Material Safety Data Sheet:
http://www.dhmo.org/msdsdhmo.html

I'm not a fan of tap water myself but after seeing the water they drink in some African and other country's , I'm thankful . Some people say TAP WATER IS BAD FOR YOU .... then I reply simply by saying so is the AIR YOU BREATH try to filter that out .

If the OP is seriously concerned about drinking tap water at BMQ, then he needs to find a job elsewhere.

I'm going to lock this now.
I'll leave it here for others who may have the same question though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back