• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted - Modular C7 Bayonet Frog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bergeron 971

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for the new Modular C7 Bayonet Frog that is issued with the new Tactical vest.
can anyone help me out with this? Thanks.

I'm sure you will receive one with your issued tactical vest as soon as your job requires you to have both items.

He is a CI with a Cadet Corp, who is obviously going for the LCF.  There are legitimally purchased TacVests out there, so I would assume that he has one, and is trying to 'Pimp it out'  ;D

Sometimes you guys get a little hard on people who are guilty of nothing more than trying to emulate you.

Of course, as a CI, he doesn't <NEED> it, but maybe he just <WANTS> it, eh?  Just like any other collector out there.

qjdb

qjdb said:
He is a CI with a Cadet Corp, who is obviously going for the LCF.  There are legitimally purchased TacVests out there,

Dunno..  I think Michael may have been sarcastic... he very well may have
known (by looking at his profile) that he was CIC, and thus stating when
the CIC needs tact vest (which is most likely never) then he'd get one.

I can understand LCF.. I used to be all about LCF...  I just hope he
doesn't actually wear a bayonet as I was told it was illegal. 
(but can't confirm)

Piper said:
Actually, there are no legit purchased tac vests out there. As I was told, they are controlled items like CADPAT clothing...although I could be wrong.

Nope...you're correct. Owning one is against the law, as is selling them....period.

Give up on trying to get a new bayonet...they are a controlled item, NSN and all etched into the blade.

Get caught and you'll fry....as will the individual who sold it to you.

I'm sure armyvern will add to this.  ;)

Regards

I think the CIC officer is referring to a Civilian made tact vest....

in cadpat..  which exist.. AND, in the CIC world, is probably allowed to be worn.

Cause if he had an issue TV, it would have a frog on it to begin with, where as
these after market TV do not.  I know, cause I posed in two different models that
for pictures that were subsequently put up on ebay. (I'm FAMOUS...)

links to follow (getting dinner at the moment)

Bergeron 971 said:
Hi guys, I'm looking for the new Modular C7 Bayonet Frog that is issued with the new Tactical vest....

Padre....take a closer look    ;)

Regards

The wording for the initial post says issued Tactival Vest, which of course is prohibited.

I have, however, seen an aftermarket vest that has a bayonet frog on it, the same way the issued ones do.

Here's a simliar one to the one I saw.
http://www.dropzonetactical.com/lbe/modcanvest.html

And another. (I think this is the one I saw)
http://www.tacticalcommando.com/items/tiger%20tactical%20partial%20molle%20vest%20$260big.jpg

Franko said:
Padre....take a closer look    ;)

Regards

right....

Well.. I stand corrected.

I would find it amusing then for him to show up to camp
in a issued TV as a civilian cause that would mean possession
of stolen property...    ;)

Not to mention of course that wearing a bayonet is also
a bad thing...

As for me if he wants one, so what. May be he collects, who knows, but I don't think we need an iron clad explanation for a bayonet frog. We are not the thought police. There is nothing sinister about it, no criminal intent, etc.

On a personal note this whole CADPAT retentivness is getting a bit over the top.

However, I am still looking for a genuine CADPAT poncho liner (I'll trade for a genuine AUSCAM one), and a 64 Ptrn ruck bag and acc's in arrid cordura CADPAT.

If he is looking for the old C7 Nella bayonet (Cdn M7 clone), there is one on ebay now so far $48US , and also a swag of new type frogs also, although these may not be for the  tac-vests. I don't know, I have never seen one.

Cheers,

Wes

First off. I think the new issued vest is worthless and not combat effective. and any combat experianced operational soldier will agree, 4 mags is not enough for ANY soldier unless your a cook..
Second. I am only looking for the frog. I am studying in law enforcement and know plenty about laws regaurding these objects.
This kit is in no way attached to my service with the CCM.
I own a M7 bayonet and wish to mount it on a SDS rig for resions no one here needs to know.
I have 2 options obtain the new USMC Bayonet or find a C7 frog.. I think the new USMC bayonet is to large for nothing. or build one my self.
Thank you guys.

Piper said:
Although I'm curious as to your secrecy regarding this, thinking of pulling off a Darnell Bass or something? 

Hey, I knew Bass before he signed up with the Regs, back in Regina in the 80s he was a mere cadet then (155 RRR RCACC). A bayonet won't penetrate a Brinks truck, and M7s don't fit on AKMs  ;D

Cheers,

Wes

Bergeron 971 said:
First off. I think the new issued vest is worthless and not combat effective. and any combat experianced operational soldier will agree, 4 mags is not enough for ANY soldier unless your a cook..
Second. I am only looking for the frog. I am studying in law enforcement and know plenty about laws regaurding these objects.
This kit is in no way attached to my service with the CCM.
I own a M7 bayonet and wish to mount it on a SDS rig for resions no one here needs to know.
I have 2 options obtain the new USMC Bayonet or find a C7 frog.. I think the new USMC bayonet is to large for nothing. or build one my self.
Thank you guys.

Please enlighten us with your operational experience, and experience with our current kit versus older, or different kit than what we have now. I am dying to know.

Ya, he was just a boy then, and I think he went on into the Militia (RRR) before going on to the Regs. I can't remember. I was already in Australia, when I had heard of his capers (firefight "a la" at the shopping centre vs brinks dudes).

Shakes head.

Wes

Bergeron 971 said:
Second. I am only looking for the frog.

It comes with the bayonet when issued...in the same package.

I doubt that someone would have an extra one.

Regards

Darnell Bass... Holy memories of the Pet days again.

So the cadpat retentiveness is getting a little tired. Try dealing with it every day as part of your job. Some people may not like it but the facts are:

1) It is illegal to sell it; and
2) It is illegal to posess it unless you are authorized (ie entitled).

CIC officers are entitled to wear the cadpat uniform and that is as far as their "authorization" goes. What some of them (and some cadets) seem to think are "justifiable reasons" for this quite simply put, ARE NOT. Otherwise, the CDS would have "authorized" them to be issued the tactical vest (along with it's frog and other acoutrements) and therefore "posess" it. The "emulation" arguement obviously didn't work nor did the LCF arguement. The fact is, they don't need it and they are not authorized to own it. Full Stop. Apparently some of them also need it re-inforced that CFAOs and QR&Os also apply to them.

When we have RegF & ResF troops who actually have a justified use for this item out there waiting for it; it simply boggles my mind that a CIC Officer feels that he should have one for "reasons that are only his business." What reason? Draft it up to the CDS and he'll let you know whether it's valid or not. Stop trying to justify your need to satisfy your own sense of self-importance...because in the long run, those cooks out there are issued it, and actually get to put ammo in their mag pouchs. Why? Because the odds of them requiring it are justifed and the odds of them using it are a hell of a lot greater than yours.

Oh and by the way...pretty soon they'll all also be issued with 2 more mag pouches...and 2 M203 Mag pouchs as well. Won't that just peeve you off a little bit eh?

I am attaching a link to the below document (the Pacific Region Cadet Office Direcetives on Weapons and Fire-arms Use and Possession withing the CCM). Although a Pacific Directive, it simply reitifies the CCMs National Directives on the topic for all 3 enviornments of the CCM. Please note that under the listing of Weapons, specificly the C7 Bayonet, for all 3 enviornments it states (itself actually in bold text from the rest of the document): "Not authorized under any circumstances.". The document further goes on to state at para 22(note) regarding quals for CIC officers and CCO that "RSO certificates or qualifications will not be granted for any weapon or firearm that is not authorized for cadet use."

http://www.cadets.net/pac/support/pdf/policy_weapons_ranges.pdf

Hmmm. So you are obviously not authorized to posess or use it under any circumstances in your capacity as a CIC officer so perhaps you are a collector? Who just happens to also require a "collectable" TV complete with a frog to house that unuseable bayonet you have no legit use for other than for show. I guess that falls into the LCF category.

The fellow making the initial request was not a CIC Officer, that was me.  Just thought that I would clarify that.  He is a CI (Civilian Instructor) and the two are not the same regardless of some peoples' opinions  :p ;D

I am not saying, by any means, that I feel that < I > (or < ANY > other CIC or CI) need one, I totally get it that we don't need one.  Pockets are just fine for anything that we need to carry around with me, or a small nuke bag or something.  And, unless the CIC or CI is REALLY thick, I am pretty sure that there are not <too> many of us out there who think that we need them.

I am sure that there are a few (well, probably more than a few, there are a lot of us  :) ) who just don't get it, and think that we need to get issued TVs, Bayonets, and all that other 'operational' stuff.  Most though, realized, when we signed up, that we would get the dregs of the system.  Heck, we are just now (Army side anyways - Pacific) getting issued fleece, and that has been out there for how long?

Anyways, just trying to say here that we know that we don't need it, but, illegal or not, I have seen LOTS of TVs out there for sale, at assorted Surplus stores throughout the Lower Mainland, so I know that they are out there.  Now, whether they are legitimately purchased through Clothing Stores as written off gear, that just got missed and not destroyed (it has happened in the past, I am sure that it still occasionally happens), or they are 'lost' gear, and some Militia grunt is making some bucks, I don't know.

Maybe a solution to this would be for people from the different Clothing Stores to go around to the different Surplus Stores on a semi-regular basis, and see what those fine merchants have on stock, if everyone is so worried about it.  I know that I have also seen many faded CADPAT pants and shirts (and yes, they are the 'real' stuff, not the knock-off stuff, I can tell the difference (faded, tags, etc)).

On another, related, note:  If I go into a Surplus store, and see this gear for sale, am I supposed to alert the nearest MPs (ASU Chilliwack) about it?  I am asking this in all seriousness.  I have never really thought about that issue before.  What are we supposed to do in that case?

Sorry for being so long-winded, I just was seeing this as another CIC bashing thread, and just wanted all the rest of you to know that we are not stupid, far from it, just we have not had the rules as 'pumped' into our brains as the rest of you have had done.  And THAT is another discussion entirely. :eek:

:salute:

Cheers

qjdb

armyvern said:
So the cadpat retentiveness is getting a little tired. Try dealing with it every day as part of your job. Some people may not like it but the facts are:

1) It is illegal to sell it; and
2) It is illegal to posess it unless you are authorized (ie entitled).

I LOVE IT  when vern gets all technical..

it makes me hot.. no really.. it does.  Nothing better than vern coming in
and just ... blasting a post right out of the water with absolute firm authority..

did i say firm?  ;)

I modify and build gear so I decided to save an internet ake.

Piper Says:  "There are morons everywhere."
LOL no comment, And thats why I do not need to explain my motives regarding this subject.
Everyone is a hard corps ex airborne pathfinder commando man on line with big arms and JAG knowledge of the law.

And again, CIC's or CI's in no way need tactical gear, My involvement with the CCM has nothing to do with this subject.
Maybe I am part of JTF2? who knows, and who cares. Those who have nothing better to do but to judge and comment on everything on line need to find a hobby and get off there butts. Maybe read a book or something.

As for my experiences? Kiss it, no disrespect to the fourms and the Admins. I do not need to show anyone my credentials. This isn't a job interview.

SUPER KILLER TACTICAL GEAR WEARING CI, OVER AND OUT, RODGER AND OUT, 10-4.
lol

Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back