• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

Eye In The Sky said:
The 2nd picture makes me literally laugh out loud!  Glad they stopped this moron.

Perhaps he's not a moron. Just someone with MH problems (which I would have to agree with given his 'accoutrements'.)

Let's just hope he gets whatever help he needs and that he recognises what he did was wrong.

There, but for the grace of god.............................

:2c:

Lots of pics of homeless vets, just not as well dressed. Most of the ones I see are dressed more like this,
https://www.google.ca/search?q=homeless+veteran&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiE9tXC_MjPAhUrxoMKHdxRDM0Q_AUICCgB&biw=1536&bih=770#tbm=isch&q=homeless+vet

Attachments

• vethelp.jpg
    vethelp.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 472
  • ThisIsBullshit.jpg
    ThisIsBullshit.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 343
He looks a lot like that guy from Kingston that was going around claiming to be a PPCLI Capt at one point, was in one of the CAV MC's.  If it is, he didn't learn much from his previous time around...or, as RG noted, he has a mental health issue, at which point getting arrested might actually benefit him.

MM

George Wallace said:
How about the lady from Hamilton who commuted to the Eaton Center in a BMW to panhandle, while her husband had a good paying job and they both lived in a upscale neighbourhood.

That was the "Shaky Lady" and she drove a Chevy Lumina.

http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/threads/shaky-lady.5148/

medicineman said:
He looks a lot like that guy from Kingston that was going around claiming to be a PPCLI Capt at one point, was in one of the CAV MC's.  If it is, he didn't learn much from his previous time around...or, as RG noted, he has a mental health issue, at which point getting arrested might actually benefit him.

MM

That was a different person, Carl Dale from Kingston area;

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/05/canadian-military-imposter-turns-in-uniform-after-years-of-pretending-to-be-officer

recceguy said:
Perhaps he's not a moron. Just someone with MH problems (which I would have to agree with given his 'accoutrements'.)

Let's just hope he gets whatever help he needs and that he recognises what he did was wrong.

There, but for the grace of god.............................

:2c:

Finally some words of wisdom.  The whole stolen valour Schtick is growing tiresome.  People rejoicing about homeless people getting arrested, because they are dressed up in a pseudo military uniform.

Who the hell uses the word Posers, as an adult, to describe another person???!!!!

John Tescione said:
That was a different person, Carl Dale from Kingston area;

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/05/canadian-military-imposter-turns-in-uniform-after-years-of-pretending-to-be-officer

Thanks for the clarification

MM

I would use the term but alter the spelling to poseur as it seems back when this strand started the collective "we" adopted the spelling used probably from the first media story reported. These folks are poseurs (see OCD definition) regardless of their physical or mental state and in being so tend to make me just a bit upset that they try to use the good offices of the military past and present to scam Joe Public.

John Tescione said:
Finally some words of wisdom.  The whole stolen valour Schtick is growing tiresome.  People rejoicing about homeless people getting arrested, because they are dressed up in a pseudo military uniform.

Who the hell uses the word Posers, as an adult, to describe another person???!!!!

Frank Gervais, the Ottawa man recently posing as a soldier, doesn't appear to have been homeless.  Carl Dale, the Kingston man recently posing as a soldier doesn't appear to have been homeless.  The Toronto man recently posing as a soldier appears to have been a beggar but may or may not have been homeless.

Rick Goebel said:
Frank Gervais, the Ottawa man recently posing as a soldier, doesn't appear to have been homeless.  Carl Dale, the Kingston man recently posing as a soldier doesn't appear to have been homeless.  The Toronto man recently posing as a soldier appears to have been a beggar but may or may not have been homeless.

Does it warm the cockles of your soul, and you are giving thanks this weekend, that they got caught?

Please expose them, and move on.  People are villifying them, like you, years after they were caught.

Rick Goebel said:

What point are you trying to make here?

Lightguns said:
He does wear a beret better than half to folks I have seen around here in Gagetown though.  The new fashion here is to have your beret push down the forehead til the badge sits over the eyebrow, funny as hell.  I call it the pirate beret!

Lightguns, they're just following the Canadian Army Sergeant-Major's example... :nod:

su09-2015-0940-004-asm-guimond-2.jpg

Very much the brit "squaddie" style circa 1965 or so.

ueo said:
Very much the brit "squaddie" style circa 1965 or so.

Whaddayamean "1965"?

13247514644_3e2610c449_b.jpg

Or as described at
http://contactwaitoutcomic.blogspot.ca/2015/03/contact-wait-out-4-british-army-beret.html

CWO004.jpg

Contact. Wait out. #4 British Army beret recognition 1: Cap badge placement.

How a soldier shapes his beret is a very persoanl thing. As long as you don't have an aircraft carrier or a helicopter landing pad on your head you can usually get away with how it looks. Therefore, certain styles have emerged.

The NiG has the aforementioned landing pad. This is beacuse he's inexperienced and his beret is quite new.
The Tom has a pretty normal looking beret because he's playing the game.
The soldier that thinks he's "Ally" will modify almost every part of his uniform and his beret will reflect this disregard for convention.
Finally, the senior seems to have forgotten the "Left eye, right flop" mantra for beret placement and his cap badge creeps further around his head as he gains more experience.

I always wondered how far around a senior's head a cap badge would go if it was left long enough. 

Blackadder1916 said:
I always wondered how far around a senior's head a cap badge would go if it was left long enough. 

I believe that would be "The Menard."  ;D

menard-etc1.jpg

Of course, it would likely have spun further around his head, had he not been sacked.

Journeyman said:
I believe that would be "The Menard Retard."  ;D

menard-etc1.jpg

Of course, it would likely have spun further around his head, had he not been sacked.

FTFY

To be fair, I can't blame the guy for wanting to look like a highlander.

medicineman said:
If I'm Menarding my beret, means I need to visit Alex my barber.

MM

My opinion, any one with a beret like that is an early indication of future summary offences. 

I saw this today and I know that it is illegal to wear Honours (medals) that a person did not earn themselves. So I am curious from the experts here, are you allowed to wear honours that you did not earn on the right side? My initial thoughts would be no, but for re-enactments such as this case?

Attachments

• 15000636_1229693793757295_2035642604154117367_o.jpg
    15000636_1229693793757295_2035642604154117367_o.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 406
Back