• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

fake penguin said:
So is he a platoon signaler or company signaler, I cannot tell?

Moot point, as AFAIK the story is BS.  The Americans have their own RTOs,  so they wouldn't need some random Canadian Signaller to fill that role for them.

fake penguin said:
Also why is the platoon signaler carrying the radio?. Are there platoons that deploy that makes the platoon signaler carry the radio?.

The Platoon Signaller carries the manpack radio so the Platoon Commander can speak back to the Coy CP/OC(and other C/S a required),  plus they are usually the Platoon SME and can sort out radio checks, troubleshoot, program freqs,  load crypto,  generally sort out the platoon's radios(such as in the LAVs, etc), etc. Platoon Commander can also speak back to the Coy CP/OC  and other C/S(as required) if they are within range of his/her MBITR/152.

If there was no need for someone to carry the manpack radio in the Platoon HQ,  the Pl Sig job wouldn't exist.

-Skeletor- said:
Moot point, as AFAIK the story is BS.  The Americans have their own RTOs,  so they wouldn't need some random Canadian Signaller to fill that role for them.

The Platoon Signaller carries the manpack radio so the Platoon Commander can speak back to the Coy CP/OC,  plus they are usually the Platoon "SME" and can sort out radio checks, troubleshoot, program freqs,  load crypto for the platoon's other radios(such as in the LAVs), etc. Platoon Commander can also speak back to the Coy CP/OC if they are within range of his/her MBITR/152.

If there was no need for someone to carry the manpack radio in the Platoon HQ,  the Pl Sig job wouldn't exist.

Thanks for quick reply Skeletor I do know of times were  Platoon Commanders carried the radio. That's were my question comes from. Now you tell me that Platoon Commanders don't carry the radio. I 'am guessing that's from your overseas experience. I guess some rifle companies do it differently or maybe it's a Battalion thing.

fake penguin said:
Thanks for quick reply Skeletor I do know of times were  Platoon Commanders carried the radio. That's were my question comes from. Now you tell me that Platoon Commanders don't carry the radio. I 'am guessing that's from your overseas experience. I guess some rifle companies do it differently or maybe it's a Battalion thing.

I've also seen some officers carry a 522.  But generally from what I've seen the Pl Sig carries the 522/117F and the Pl Commander will carry a MBITR or 152(if available). 

ModlrMike said:
The timing seems a little off to me. He joined in summer 2001 and was on Apollo in 2002/2003. So Jul, Aug, Sep - BMQ. Oct, Nov, Dec - QL3. Then he's got predeployment trg of 6-9 months, and still a no-hook Pte. So now we're into fall of 2002. And he's go no more experience that when he graduated QL3, except for predeployment.

I can't speak for his Unit or leadership, but I wouldn't send a no-hook with no real experience out with foreign troops as his first operational detail.

Not only that, but to be sent off with foreign troops by himself at that rank would be unheard of.  There are so many alarm bells raised in the whole story, starting with his first paragraph that it would be impossible for anyone with TI not to cry out "POSER" or "WALT" on this one.  I hope that the contacts are made to expose this fraud and remove his post from that site.

I did find it interesting that the next story was from Roy Harding a long-time member of this site and definitely the real deal (Definitely not a poser.).   

Not only that, his is the only one that I saw where the Author does not use his real name, but he chose to go with a pseudonym.

Just got an email from one of the producers of the book.  They are deleting the story.  Seems some others here (a certain MWO  ;D) wrote a little email picking the story apart bit by bit.

Personally, I have little doubt that the author has some involvement with the CF.  Being a signaler and mentioning Stages shows he has a bit of knowledge regarding where the trade trains anyway.  But that's probably as far as his experience goes.

I liked his part about working with corpses to "get used to" being overseas. :rofl:

Complete poser.

Here is a gem that you guys/girls should get a kick out of; cadets wearing their dads equipment to school... 4/5 times a week  :threat:

I have to elaborate on this one, He is a " reg force weapons tech" from "pet" while in grade 11, for careers class he dressed in FFO and taught the class what it meant to be in the CF and how long and hard the process was to get in. Whether he wears his dads arid boots to school or small pack daily, he normally gets dressed in one or two pieces of kit at the least every day.

Have to be honest, couldn't stop laughing at his response to if he was in the army. "You can't tell by the way I dress and all the army talk in class".

fake penguin said:
Have to be honest, couldn't stop laughing at his response to if he was in the army. "You can't tell by the way I dress and all the army talk in class".

I was more interested in Brittney's comment :'Is it hard?'

Just sayin'  :nod:

Wha.....I got nuthin'

On the upside...It is Throat Punch Thursday...

don't know how his dad doesn't notice FFO and a set of combats missing

duplex drive said:
don't know how his dad doesn't notice FFO and a set of combats missing

Wears DEU to work most days...likely wouldn't notice.  Or just said "Hey, have at it" to the kidlet.  Or is out of town/country in a different colour of combats.  Or the kid inherited the dolt genes from the Dad who hasn't noticed his uniforms missing.

MM

You know technically if the kid is using the uniforms etc to try and get a piece of ass from Brittney, then it technically isn't "walting." The guy does allow for minor or major deceptions in this matter.  8)

"thoses (sic) are blistex the army uses them all the time"...

"Ballistics", as in eyewear?

Twit.

Loachman said:
"thoses (sic) are blistex the army uses them all the time"...

"Ballistics", as in eyewear?

Twit.

Hey he could have meant this
BlistexApplicatorTopOffcopy.jpg

I mean the CQMS does issue them too, mind thay ain't as "kewl" as Oakleys.  8)

Back