• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

medicineman said:
Beat me to it T6...though because of the angle, thought the guy in the foreground had Israeli ones instead...
Israeli wings are silver, and below the parachute canopy are spaces between the suspension lines where you'd see the dark tunic.  ;)

Wow they make the frontierman seem subtle.  Considering who seriously the Aussie authorities taing Waltign down Under I wonder if these two have been reported yet?

Should the Waltencommando at ARRSE be put on standby?

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Journeyman, The first medal is the Australian Active Service medal and it should have a Vietnam Clasp on it.

Journeyman said:
Jungle -- my guess would be the curved "AUSTRALIA" epallette pin, rather than Port-a-geese.

Yeah, you're probably right... but I like to think they were a secret Portustralian Special Forces Direct-action Airborne Marine Pirate Special-reconnaissance Frontiersmen Commando unit that was so secretive, even it's former members are not sure if they were awarded medals and decorations, so they wear them all...

Jungle said:
Yeah, you're probably right... but I like to think they were a secret Portustralian Special Forces Direct-action Airborne Marine Pirate Special-reconnaissance Frontiersmen Commando unit that was so secretive, even it's former members are not sure if they were awarded medals and decorations, so they wear them all...

A very apt description Jungles.

My Dad was a Physical Training Instructor for a period during the war and had crossed tomahawks to signify that qualification.  What's with the crossed double headed ax badge?  Adds the the bad ass'dness of it all I guess.

Jungle said:

Sounds plausible to me.  8)

Because I was bored I fwd the picture/link to these fine gentlemen too.  >:D

http://www.anzmi.net/

jollyjacktar said:
My Dad was a Physical Training Instructor for a period during the war and had crossed tomahawks to signify that qualification.  What's with the crossed double headed ax badge?  Adds the the bad ass'dness of it all I guess.
Interesting. I've seen crossed cutlasses, "PTI," and those 'weighted juggling dumbell thingees that look like bowling pins'  (that's the technical term  ;)  ), but I've never seen tomahawks for PTIs.

:dunno:

Journeyman said:
Interesting. I've seen crossed cutlasses, "PTI," and those 'weighted juggling dumbell thingees that look like bowling pins'  (that's the technical term  ;)  ), but I've never seen tomahawks for PTIs.

:dunno:

Dad's been gone since 85.  Maybe it's my memory that's faulty.  IIRC he did say it was crossed tomahawks.  He was give the extra duty as he had been a school vice principal before the war.  (I've sent out a query to a site that hopefully will clear my foggy brain..)

The fifth medal on the guy closest to the camera is a genuine US Made Republic of Vietnam (RVN) Campaign Medal.

Photos:
            Chinese Fake
            Genuine USA Made

Danjanou said:
Sounds plausible to me.  8)

Because I was bored I fwd the picture/link to these fine gentlemen too.  >:D

http://www.anzmi.net/

Wow now these guys take this serious.

yup if Walt hunting every became an olympic sport they'd be the favourites for Gold.

Danjanou said:
yup if Walt hunting every became an olympic sport they'd be the favourites for Gold.
  :nod:  For ARRSE, it's almost jovial compared to the Aussies.

OK, for those of us who get joy from the misfortune of others, the Aussies & Kiwis are pretty amusing too.  >:D

IMO after carefull examination (but I'm not a pro at this) they are wearing all the appropriate ribbons
according to the five step instructions from EHow.  (Shared with provisions of The Copyright Act)

How to Identify Vietnam Era Army Decorations & Ribbons
Jeremiah Blanchard
http://www.ehow.com/how_6189041_identify-era-army-decorations-ribbons.html#ixzz1wLyAWJi8

Instructions
Identify the colors of the Vietnamese Service Ribbon. This decoration was presented to every member of the armed services who served during the time of the Vietnam War. The ribbon has green side borders, with a yellow background, and three vertical red stripes in the center.
Identify the design of the Vietnamese Presidential Unit Citation. This ribbon has a golden border, with a yellow background, and three thick vertical red stripes in the center.
Identify the Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross Unit Citation. This ribbon has a golden rope border, with a red background. The center of the ribbon is yellow with eight vertical stripes spaced evenly apart. Fixed to the center, you will find a palm branch positioned sideways. The medal is a four-degree military award, starting with a palm branch at the lowest degree. This medal may also have a gold, silver or bronze star in place of the palm branch, as a higher degree is earned.
Identify the design of the Republic of Vietnam Civil Actions Unit Citation. This ribbon has a golden rope border, with red side borders. The background is dark green with two vertical red lines in the center. A green palm leaf is positioned on the center of the ribbon.
Identify the Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal. The ribbon has thick alternating green and white stripes, with a silver flag bearing the year 1960, followed by a dash and a blank space, positioned in the center.

Order of precedence is another way to check. All of those service ribbons would be located after the National Defense Service Medal. You dont wear ribbons AND medals.Its one or the other.Anyway I think its been established that they are not what they claim to be.

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Awards/order_of_precedence.aspx

Journeyman said:
  :nod:  For ARRSE, it's almost jovial compared to the Aussies.

OK, for those of us who get joy from the misfortune of others, the Aussies & Kiwis are pretty amusing too.  >:D

The ARRSE Waltenkommando (of which several members of this site including Tes and I belong to) prefer to publically shame and/or shun targets using the net rather than all that tedious legal stuff the Aussies and Kiwis enjoy. End result is the same, the walt is left in a room alone with the mess webley.

Kind of hoping I get a response to the email.

57Chevy said:
IMO after carefull examination (but I'm not a pro at this) .....
Thanks. That's a US site for US awards; the posers in question are Aussies.

Just received this in my overnight emails  8)

Good Morning XXXXX

Thank you for your interest in our work and for the information about the Hines Brothers.
We received quite a few reports about these idiots when they appeared last ANZAC Day (5 April 12) in Brisbane. As well as all the USA Ribbons they are wearing Australian Vietnam Medals; they did not serve with the Australian Army in Vietnam.

We are actively investigating these two and are confident that they will appear on our web site as frauds and liars.

Best regards
Bill Hobson
ANZMI Investigator

Not near as much fun as the Waltenkommando, but direct and to the point.

Journeyman said:
Thanks. That's a US site for US awards; the posers in question are Aussies.

They were pretending to be with a US unit and they sport alot of US decorations.Anyway it seems that the Aussies already have the scent.

Back