• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

war2001v said:
I never claimed to be 16 in the infantry, that was the commenter from YouTube I was talking about

That's who I meant.  I wasn't implying that you were the Walt. 

;)

Sounds like some kid who did Co-Op with the Rileys, and was literally too new to have his regiment's name down pat. I'm not gonna call 'walt' just yet, I'm gonna say some idiot child who doesn't yet know better than to spout off on YouTube before finishing his DP1.

Brihard said:
Sounds like some kid who did Co-Op with the Rileys, and was literally too new to have his regiment's name down pat. I'm not gonna call 'walt' just yet, I'm gonna say some idiot child who doesn't yet know better than to spout off on YouTube before finishing his DP1.
I don't know, something about his wording just makes me feel that he's some kid that maybe thought about joining the cadets at one point and is now BS'ing himself all over the internet. The fact that he's also deploying on a combat operation under the age of 18 is absolute baloney as well, on top of the fact he's talking like an American Vietnam war vet.

(There were a couple of areas I could put this, but thought here was the best location.)

Having met/spent time with Nathan’s family personally (son, nephew, sister, mother) this disgusted me. I have no idea if the family has seen it, but I would assume so. I can’t imagine how they would feel.

They (authorities/FB) don’t yet know who is behind it, but I certainly hope the DB gets tracked down. And I also wish the penalty for cybercrime/impersonation was more severe.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/fake-facebook-page-used-to-catfish-women-1.4401874

Investigation underway into possible Remembrance Day imposter in Red Deer

http://www.rdnewsnow.com/article/561832/investigation-underway-possible-remembrance-day-imposter-red-deer

No Hel Like Tac Hel said:
Investigation underway into possible Remembrance Day imposter in Red Deer
Well, he does  get points for one of the funnier poser costumes.  :stars:

ps - tell the Cadet to get the flag off of the floor..... or get a taller Cadet next year.  ;)

war2001v said:
I just want to know why he was pretending to be an American soldier in Canada?

Thought nobody would be able to question him that easily...

MM

These guys really need to up their game play.  "Sgt" Gervais set a pretty high standard of dress for Walting.  Wannabe wannabees  :tsktsk:

I'm fascinated by the mindset of people who have no military background, yet decide to replicate solider uniforms and display themselves at these public functions in the vicinity of a large group of people with military backgrounds and credentials. I mean, do you not have any friends or family members that can call you out for being on television or in print media wearing military outfits, having full knowledge that you had no participation in an military setting. Aside from the veteran discounts from attempting to sell yourself as a former/current member (ie Starbucks or Subway veteran discounts) what type of momentary intrinsic motivation and reward compels a person to go out and procure such items ( uniform, medals, research conflicts,etc.) , prepare and pose in the mirror and then go out and display yourself, having full knowledge that you are a fraud. I wish Psychology Today ran a piece on this ( apparent ) phenomenon.

....... display themselves at these public functions in the vicinity of a large group of people with military backgrounds and credentials.......

My question on seeing the photo, did the RCMP officer have no clue re the military and the possible CLI officers who may have been nearby?

jollyjacktar said:
Subway and Starbucks give a discount??

I was about to ask the same thing...

R62 - It's likely the copper wouldn't have known - dude's allegedly an American and I have my doubts that they do a lot of training regarding Walting at Depot.  Though, I did see the RCMP Sgt Maj go off on a constable one time about the state of his gongs at a National gong receiving ceremony - he had them unmounted and kind of looked like he just took each one and threw it at his tunic and left them where they landed.

Question of the day - Why doesn't anyone Walt as a Spetnaz guy that was a Russian Afghan vet or something like that?

MM

jollyjacktar said:
Subway and Starbucks give a discount??

I believe they do in the US. Watching a 'Stolen Valor' compilation on YouTube, I distinctively remember someone calling out a guy in uniform pretending to have served for a discount at Subway and then another at Starbucks, hence the use of my examples. Outside of that, cant say for sure.

medicineman said:
A US Navy cook on a decommissioned battleship perchance?

MM

...assisted by a talented, fine-arts trained dancer. :nod:

Good2Golf said:
...assisted by a talented, fine-arts trained dancer. :nod:

7b12521f8e4173e52422ada1b3c2a0ec--steven-seagal-mel-gibson.jpg

A picture paints a thousand words  8)

Back