• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VR vs 3B (Being told because I have an awarded claim from a SDA I can just VR)

Would you:

  • Wait for the 3B no matter what?

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • VR as the benifits will be the same?

    Votes: 1 33.3%

  • Total voters
    3
S

stellarpanther

Guest
meni0n said:
They basically annotate your 4c with "disabled" which gives you the same benefits as a 3B release. But, this takes time and you have to make a case to DMCA.

Have you seen this happen in the past few years?  If memory serves me right it was DMCA that said they weren't looking at it again once the release went through.
 

MJP

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
289
Points
980
meni0n said:
They basically annotate your 4c with "disabled" which gives you the same benefits as a 3B release. But, this takes time and you have to make a case to DMCA.

I haven't seen it done for any 4 series of releases, annotation of release items is usually for 2 and 5 series to ensure the seriousness of the release is noted but allowing the member to recieved any treatment for any potential issues that led to that release item. It is part of the release decision letter issued by DMCA 2.


Probably not impossible to do for a 4C but DMCA 3 would have to be involved as they generally don't have anything to do with 4 series releases.
 

meni0n

Sr. Member
Reaction score
3
Points
230
MJP said:
I haven't seen it done for any 4 series of releases, annotation of release items is usually for 2 and 5 series to ensure the seriousness of the release is noted but allowing the member to recieved any treatment for any potential issues that led to that release item. It is part of the release decision letter issued by DMCA 2.


Probably not impossible to do for a 4C but DMCA 3 would have to be involved as they generally don't have anything to do with 4 series releases.

Sure it's possible, I just had it done a few months ago. If you can prove that you were not fit and breached UofS due to a service injury at the time of release, they will annotate it. You can initiate a review of your release item by contacting DMCA 3 but be prepared to make a good case.
 

MJP

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
289
Points
980
meni0n said:
Sure it's possible, I just had it done a few months ago. If you can prove that you were not fit and breached UofS due to a service injury at the time of release, they will annotate it. You can initiate a review of your release item by contacting DMCA 3 but be prepared to make a good case.

Makes sense and thanks for that. It would make sense in a few cases but seems the onus is either on the mbr or a switched on CoC to make that case.  It is certainly not a very well known thing even for misconduct releases which have been the recent examples I have seen it on. 
 

meni0n

Sr. Member
Reaction score
3
Points
230
Going to attach an image of a letter available at JPSUs.
 

Attachments

  • change release item 1.jpg
    change release item 1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 65

meni0n

Sr. Member
Reaction score
3
Points
230
Second part of the letter.
 

Attachments

  • change release item 2.jpg
    change release item 2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 45

MJP

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
289
Points
980
So silly that a a great thing is hard to find on the TC's and DMCA's website (although to be fair it could be hidden in in their shitty ACIMS somewhere). 

That said, it still doesn't confer all the benefits of a 3B but allows for some additional pension benefits, very worthwhile for those that released instead of waiting. 
 
Top