• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VOT for Officers

JasonStruthers

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello to all at Army.ca.  I am about to put forth an occupational transfer request from army log to AEC.  I am requesting moving to a trade that is red coded and understrength at the moment.  I read the post re. the pro-active approach to occupational transfer requests and I found it useful re. the process of applying for a transfer.  My situation is that I have only completed BOTC and SLT.  I am not course loaded for any further courses as yet and would like to initiate the process before I am course loaded.  Does anyone know if the military frowns upon someone making a request such as this so early in their career?  I was hoping that moving to AEC, which is a very understrength open trade, might be acceptable.  After meeting a couple people within the AEC world I came to realize that it would definitely be a better and more enjoyable fit for me.  Thank you.

It is not uncommon, or at least not unheard of.  Are you going through RMC/ROTP?  If you are, you're probably in a good position.  If you are not ROTP, then that may be a more difficult road to take.  If you are ROTP, quite often an OT is possible.  If you are DEO, per chance, you may be looking at a Release as a Training Failure or Services No Longer Required.  As you have done SLT, I will assume you are not a Reservist, and won't bother speculating on what may transpire there.  The only way, unless there is someone who has just done so recently and can advise you on the intricacies of this request, is to put in your Memo ASAP and see what the Training System replies back.

Depends on the reqrs of the CF.  I went thru he double l trying to get out of MARS into Army Log. You probably stand a good chance since the classification you want needs people, and likely Log is not in quite the same sit, the opposite of what was the case for me. The Navy was hard up for officers in 1981.

I can not tell you how many times I was told to give MARS a chance, and that I would not know what a Navy type really did until I did Phase Whatever. I was ROTC-RMC. Plain and simple I never wanted to do this from the point I finished BOTC, I knew I wanted to be in the Army, period. I finally got my reclass shortly before going to destroyers after costing the taxpayer a huge amount of $$$ in worthless training for me personally, though the training was highly rated by me for those that wanted to be MARS
Be very specific as to what you want and stick to your guns if the first answer is negative. Try to keep a positive attitude in Gagetown and at CFSAL even though that is not what you want in the long run as the system will bury you if you fight back. Good luck.

Thank you to both posters for the advice.  I am a DEO, so I suppose the road could be difficult.  I have submitted my memo; I will see where it leads.  Hopefully, my change will be approved.

Don't see why it should be-I do believe that the CF is interested in placing people in jobs that they have a sincere interest in pursuing a career in.

Any news?

I'm AEC myself, and at our last career manager briefing, we're only 22% short now.

Back