• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VOT and Contract Expiration

TheAngryCpl

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone I had a few questions.

So a few things I have been trying to OT for the last 3 years, every year I make the cut but always get a non offer I know the trade is red and my current trade is green so I have no idea what's going on with that lol
Anyways this is my last attempt to OT hopefully when the offers come late April early may I get an offer,

If I don't get it I plan on not resigning, I currently haven't resigned my contract ( it expires in September) I will resign it if i get the OT

Does me trying to OT and having my contract expire end Septemeber make me dag Red for deployments or operations?

If you don't have a TOS that will expire with enough time post mission for your leave entitlements, they won't send you. If you look at your DAG/PRV sheet on EMAA there's a box for valid TOS.

If you don't have a TOS that will expire with enough time post mission for your leave entitlements, they won't send you. If you look at your DAG/PRV sheet on EMAA there's a box for valid TOS.
So basically with 6 months left I wouldn't be deployable ? Unless I resigned my Tos for whatever they offer me ?

So basically with 6 months left I wouldn't be deployable ? Unless I resigned my Tos for whatever they offer me ?
Depends on what task they're sending you on, but yes. Think of it this way, would the CAF waste operational experience on someone who's releasing, or give it to someone who has a few more years of service? Unless of course you're a 1 of 1, don't expect a good go if you're T-6 months from pulling pin.

Back