• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Voluntary Releasing

chappyk

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know if, after finishing basic and only starting QL3's if you can still VR or switch over to reserves

You haven't even gone to BMQ yet, and you're thinking about releasing or switching to the Reserves? If you don't think you can commit to the 4 year Basic Engagement right now, please call the CFRC and quit before you start. Don't waste the CF's time and money training you.

No...I finished basic, that is why i asked about leaving after BMQ was completed. 

Unless you're serving obligatory service (IE officers after RMC/ROTP) you can request VR at anytime. Be sure though, they are expediting people through that process now to clear room for the hordes of recruits at the CFRCs.

Thank you Puck.  There are issues at home.  It would be nice actually if I could switch over to Reserves to be closer to home.  IF that was an option

You should be able. I see by your profile your from Ottawa so there is a naval reserve unit there. As for MOC what is 165?

I was hoping to find a reserve unit in Ottawa.  I am a Steward.

There is a naval reserve unit in Ottawa. As for MOC you would have to choose something else as we do not have that MOC in the reserves. Eventually you will have to go away for trades training at some point in time.

Back