• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Visual Acuity

Jubei

Inactive
Reaction score
Have a question. i have the form "Visual Acuity" . im worried my eyes are not good enough. IF i goto my optometrist and have him fill it out. can i tell what my vision is right away?.or can i get it filled out then mail it to the recuting office to see if my eyes are good enough?. or do they have to do their tests before they can tell you if your eyes are good enough?. it's just i would like to know ahead of time. so i dont have to waste  $400-500 to fly down to the recuiter just to find out my eyes are to bad.

What do you mean spend $500 to see a recruiter?  Where are you, Grise Fijord?

Tom

Number two, I thought that they subsidized trips to the recruiting centre from remote areas. For example, I know people who were flown to Vancouver from Alaska to get recruited and had the trip paid for. I could be wrong though...

Well i live in Terrace BC nearest recuiter is in Vancouver, about 1400km away by bus. not sure by air. $350 for plane ticket there and back. and if i have to stay the night like another $100 for a hotel room. :-\

How do i find out if i can get the trip paid for?

Jubei said:
Well i live in Terrace BC nearest recuiter is in Vancouver, about 1400km away by bus. not sure by air. $350 for plane ticket there and back. and if i have to stay the night like another $100 for a hotel room. :-\

How do i find out if i can get the trip paid for?
You need to PM Kincanuks. A recruiter who will be more than able to answer your questions.

In the meantime, find the 1-800 number for the CF Recruiting center: Which, according to this link,

http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/Default.aspx?bhcp=1

is:

1-800-856-8488

"Let your fingers do the walking."

Tom

As usual this should be for general information.

If you apply to the CF and the recruiting centre books you for an processing appointment and you live in their area of operations then your travelling costs will be reimbursed.  For long distances the CFRC/D will make all the arrangements.  As TCBF stated always call the CFRC/D first.

Back