• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Visit To The Dentist

StevenPeece

Inactive
Reaction score
We all know how much everyone loves the dentist!!!

Anyway: I went there today and the dentist smiled at me before thrusting his whirring drill in my mouth. I lay there for a while trying to rekax whilst he did his dental work. Momentarily I drifted back to Stonehouse Barracks and remembered a time when an oppo of mine was in the dentist chair. The dentist working on his teeth was a naval officer. However he slipped and the wirring machine went into my oppo's gum. Within seconds he was up and had the guy pinned up against the wall and was screaming blue murder at him. There was blood dripping from his mouth and he momentarily looked like dracula.

Anyway at that point the bloody dentist I went to see hit my gums and I nearly took off. I thought about what my oppo once did but thought better of throttling the heavy handed sod. Instead I politely asked him to finish his work without drawing anymore blood so that I don't have to allow him to feel pain.

He blushed & sort of smiled.

Regards

Steve

ps. Glad its just once a year. He's bllomin lethal!!!

Last time I went to the dentist's was to get a tooth removed and I think my initial greeting was, "Hello, is Satan in.. er I mean, the dentist?  ;D" - the noise of my tooth pulling out of my jaw still haunts me to this day.

Yikes!

I used to tell people we had some of the best dentists and hygenists in the country.  Sounds like there are a few horror stories out there.   

Centurian1985 said:
Yikes!

I used to tell people we had some of the best dentists and hygenists in the country.  Sounds like there are a few horror stories out there.     

Preece is from the UK, and we all know about the horror stories of the British Dental System ;D

Danjanou said:
Preece is from the UK, and we all know about the horror stories of the British Dental System ;D

Yep. When I was in Cyprus all the Brits used to wait until the Canadian Dentist ( a buddy of mine) was on duty and then go to see him. They weren't emergencies but they hated seeing the Brit Dentist(s). Even the guys from the British Sovereign Bases at Dekhalia  and Akiteri (sp?) used to wait till after hours when the Cdn dentist was on and then call in...my friend was really choked cause it cut into his time at Agia Napa considerably!!
(If you don't know what Agia Napa is...the Padre can't explain it to you...ask a Cyprus Vet!)

I thought it was Ayia Napa but then again I was soooo distracted when I was there.  ;)

Mmmmmm... Aya Napa....  now thats is definately a whole different 'sandbox'...    ;D

Centurian1985 said:
Mmmmmm... Aya Napa....   now thats is definately a whole different 'sandbox'...    ;D

he he...i did a search to make sure i was spelling it correctly (I'm anal like that) and the Cypriots apparently spell it Agia Napa......of course I averted my eyes to any of the scenery they wanted to tempt me with.....DAMN SINNERS!!! ;D

I thought that dentists were all the same world wide.  Obviously not.  Rotten luck.

Oh well, thankfully I won't have to see that sadist for another six months.  Phew!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Regards

Steve

Back