• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Victoria Class on the move?

NSDreamer

Donor
Inactive
Reaction score
I am sitting at this moment in my living room watching a Victoria class get pulled out of the halifax Dockyards by some tugs and she now appears to be under her own power. I can't however make out which one she is. Does anyone know which sub this would be?

Windsor and Corner Brook are both home ported in Halifax.

It is HMCS Corner Brook that is operational in the Atlantic. HMCS Windsor is on the syncrolift where it seems to have been there for an eternity.

sunrayRnfldR said:
....it seems to have been there for an eternity.
In the front yard, up on blocks with the wheels off, bringing down neighbourhood property values.

NSDreamer said:
I am sitting at this moment in my living room watching a Victoria class get pulled out of the halifax Dockyards by some tugs and she now appears to be under her own power. I can't however make out which one she is. Does anyone know which sub this would be?

You do know discussion of ship and sub deployments is a no no right?

I think he's just amazed that there's a sub moving under it's own power....

NavyShooter said:
I think he's just amazed that there's a sub moving under it's own power....
Correct

Ex-Dragoon said:
You do know discussion of ship and sub deployments is a no no right?

No, I did not. I reference you to my one very thin bar. The things I do not know good sir, could fill a herc.

That being said I was just mentioning it being in the harbour witnessed, I am sure, by thousands and thousands of others all equally amazed as I at its movement. I feel relatively secure that my faux pas has in no way threatened national security or that of the Sub.

NSDreamer said:
That being said I was just mentioning it being in the harbour witnessed, I am sure, by thousands and thousands of others all equally amazed as I at its movement. I feel relatively secure that my faux pas has in no way threatened national security or that of the Sub.

Thats probably true, but its a point to take to heart.  Ships movements are usually classified for a min period of time before releasable.  This is especially true of submarines.

Case in point, an adversary who reads these boards is now aware that we have a sub at sea, that sort of information could matter to them.

Duly noted and filed away in the grand chest of things an Officer Cadet learns.

ltmaverick25 said:
Case in point, an adversary who reads these boards is now aware that we have a sub at sea, that sort of information could matter to them.

The first person in the thread to even suggest that the boat may have even left Halifax Harbour (whether or not it even has) - is you.  From the original question, it may have been doing nothing more than running up engines while changing berths, moving to the Dartmouth slips for maintenance, or moving into Bedford Basin - none of which can be ascertained by his question. It's one thing to remind someone we shouldn't discuss deployments, except for details to the extent that have already been released to the media, it's another to beat the guy up over simply asking a question about a submarine.

I had absolutely zero intent of "beating the guy up" in any way shape or form.  I was merely trying to illustrate the "why" of what was previously mentioned to him so he could understand.  I am not the type to "beat someone up" on these forums, and dont plan on changing that ever.  I think there is too much of that crap already.

Get off your high horse, quit playing wounded and move on.

Staff

Back