• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Victoria Army.ca Meet - 1 Dec 06

Count me in, just let me know timings and place.....

Chimo

Rodahn

I'm considering making the drive down actually. I could use a weekend out of here. This snow is nasty! Let me see what I can manage with work and such.

Mich, can I stay with you?

navymich said:
I am the sweet, innocent sailor.  This is simply a meet for some sandwiches and milk and cookies.  We'll all be home by 9.

There's no such thing as a sweet or innocent sailor.

Hi all, new to the boards and been doing some reading, sounds like a  fun night out. Guess newb's should buy a round as well.

Yes! Someone else to help alleviate the pain my wallet will feel!

Looks like there is some good interest.  Anybody have a idea for a place?  It was suggested Sticky Wicket to start.  Good place for some food and drinks, and downtown so lots of choices for afterwards.

So far it's looking like:

navymich
ThainC
Victor17
Torlyn (still bringing some coursemates with you?)
willy
Rodahn
Cronicbny

Bring a laptop and webcam, and I'll conference with ya!  ;D

Hi Mich,

I might try to make it over to the island for your meet and greet. I'm in Halifax (again!) but on my way back to Vancouver on Friday. I will see if it's my day off and maybe I'll pop over for a few cold ones.

navymich said:
Looks like there is some good interest.  Anybody have a idea for a place?  It was suggested Sticky Wicket to start.  Good place for some food and drinks, and downtown so lots of choices for afterwards.

So far it's looking like:

navymich
ThainC
Victor17
Torlyn (still bringing some coursemates with you?)
willy
Rodahn
Cronicbny

Sticky Wicket sounds like a god place to start, close to the bus route as the vehicles will be staying home......

Wish I could make it...maybe the next one :)

I wouldn't mind coming.  Although I haven't really been all that active in the army.ca community...

You might want to consider the real Military bars in the area, like the Tudor House and the Carlton Club!  ;D J/K

Jaydub said:
I wouldn't mind coming.  Although I haven't really been all that active in the army.ca community...

That's okay, we'll forgive you.....after you buy a round.  ;D

navymich said:
That's okay, we'll forgive you.....after you buy a round.  ;D

I may have to do just that, but I have to work the next morning!  :(

Jaydub said:
I may have to do just that, but I have to work the next morning!  :(

There are others coming to the meet that are in the same boat (no, not literally...LOL) as you, having to work the next day.  Besides, the morning is a long way from the start.  And what kind of sailor are you if you can't party hard the night before a duty??  8)

Hmm, I'm considering making the trip to chicktoria. I'm gonna say that pub on admiral (close to the base) should also be a good starting point (ahh, fabulous esquimalt). And if anyone needs cheap accomodations, the fabulous Hotel Douglas in the downtown area has cheap rooms, $50 or less the last time I went.

navymich said:
There are others coming to the meet that are in the same boat (no, not literally...LOL) as you, having to work the next day.  Besides, the morning is a long way from the start.  And what kind of sailor are you if you can't party hard the night before a duty??  8)

Hey, I'm not tapping out!  It'll just make for a miserable watch.

Le Gars, I see you are in Vancouver.  There is a couple others coming from there, you might want to meet up with them for the trip.  The pub on Admiral's is the Tudor House, and could also be a good starting point.  The only thing is, we would then have to cab or bus it downtown, or rely on those not drinking, whilst anything downtown alleviates that.

As for where to stay, Hotel Douglas may be cheap, but well, there's reasons for that!  Check out the Traveller's Inn as well.  Awesome deals and there is one every block it seems.

Le Gars said:
Hmm, I'm considering making the trip to chicktoria. I'm gonna say that pub on admiral (close to the base) should also be a good starting point (ahh, fabulous esquimalt). And if anyone needs cheap accomodations, the fabulous Hotel Douglas in the downtown area has cheap rooms, $50 or less the last time I went.

That Pub on Admirals is called the Tudor House.  As far as Esquimalt goes, I prefer Spinnakers.

navymich said:
Le Gars, I see you are in Vancouver.  There is a couple others coming from there, you might want to meet up with them for the trip.  The pub on Admiral's is the Tudor House, and could also be a good starting point.  The only thing is, we would then have to cab or bus it downtown, or rely on those not drinking, whilst anything downtown alleviates that.

As for where to stay, Hotel Douglas may be cheap, but well, there's reasons for that!  Check out the Traveller's Inn as well.  Awesome deals and there is one every block it seems.

If we go to the Tudor, we might as well go to the Carlton...

Back