• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Verification

S

shaunlin41

:tank:

Help!!! I have been waiting for a verification of former service for 10 months now, 18 including the 8 month waiting period since I vr‘d I have tried contacting CFRC Vancouver many many times and even wrote a letter requesting attention but no progress yet. Can anyone give me another route to travel? I badly want to go on my QL‘s this summer.

I‘ve been waiting 7 months for my verification of service. What a nightmare. Surely this is just a matter of simply opening the right filing cabinet somewhere in the bowels of NDHQ and obtaining the right file and mailing it to CFRC?

The verification of service takes forever because it first has to go to NDHQ to find your information, then proceeds to your respective area headquarters were they decide there what rank your going to hold, standing..........yadda yadda. All in all, it takes between 4 months right up to a year!!!!!!!!!

Thanx for the info, it‘s just driving me nuts being a civvy, I don‘t know how long I can hold on and training is soooooooo close. :(

what about a greivance or an Ombudsman, does anyone know if this is a good idea or am i just asking for trouble? Where do I file one or who do I talk to. Does anyone have any input on this tactic? :rocket:

Well, the military ombudsman is Paul Morin in Ottawa. Unfortunatley, I cant help you with the number but I do believe there‘s a 1-800 number available for use. My advice to you............relax and wait it out. Your verification of former service will come sooner or later. In the mean time, busy yourself with other things!!!!! Then you‘ll be suprised when you get the call!

I guess you‘re probally right, but i got my moc chosen for me when I first applied and had to release to change it after basic, then I was released by civies whom decided not to put me on suplementary res. then I was told I had to wait 8 months before re-applying and now I have been waiting for a VFS for 10 months. It has been a year and a half since my release, my situation is enuff to drive off many others but I still remain the recruiting poster boy anyway. I only got the attention of the CFRC by being the squeeky wheel and I‘ve done everything the way I was told including the release. Maybe the CF is full and doesn‘t need anyone right now! :flame: LOL

Just curious.
What trade are you going for?

Was going for MP but since the long wait the trade is currently full, I am now trying for RECCE

I know exactly what you are going through as I just did the same thing through CFRC Vancouver. Bottom line is that 39 brigade is not enrolling recruits as quickly as they normally would due to severe budget problems that occurred in 2002.

Here is my story. After 10 years being out of the Seaforths, I decided to get back into the reserves. March 2002 I put my docs into the 6 Feild Engineering Squadron in North Van. They Told me i would be enrolled at the very latest Sept. 02. Turns out 39 brgade put a moratorium on recruiting due to budget issues. Nobody was going in. My file sat at CFRC until October 02, me tagging along on a bunch of statements like "next week", "Next Month", "October for sure". Nothing happened. I decided to go for infantry officer instead, due to some old friends, and the Seaforths did all they could to get me in. Still nothing. In January 03, facing family and career pressure waiting for the reserves, I switched to the Regs. Funny enough, my VFS showed up one week later. They interviewed me, got me to do the tests, and then told me I had to wait for my former medical docs. One week they said, but Selection Board was only in March 03. In April, not hearing a word from my 3 calls a week, I went down to CFRC. No docs, and I missed selection board due to no docs. My family said they would not wait, so I went to the reserves. I have time booked off, but still no complete file. It is April 29, and my course starts May 21. I wrote John MacCallum (Min of Defense), and he actually followed up with CFRC on my behalf, writing me a fine letter explaining what hurry up and wait means.

I just had to let that out. I am in, but doubtful on course. What a joke.

Its a joke. I am at 14 months now.

Wow i thought that i had been waiting for a long time but you have been waiting for 14 monthes!!!!I have only been waiting 7 monthes

Go infantry. Lots to do, tons of courses, and a great regiment

Keep bugging your file manager at the CFRC office. They‘ll send a "hastener", which is actually just an email, but the squeaky wheel does get greased - I waited a couple months, called, then called again two months later and it had been sitting there already sent from Ottawa for who knows how long. And so they tell me, there is one person looking for the files...and if you were in before everything got computerized, it does take longer.
Cheers,
Ralph.

Unfortunatly They already put two hasteners on the file.

Hasteners don‘t make a difference with the VFS,as the delay is in Ottawa, not CFRC. I think I got my VFS faster than most, had hasteners and regimental support, and it has still taken 14 months and counting to get my file complete. it is not the recruiting personnel, but the system that lets returning service members down. Too many bureaucratic barriers.

CFRC Halifax confirmed today that I will complete the CFAT, Fitness Test, and interview on 20 May.

My heart goes out to you guys who have been waiting so bloody long for VFS -- mine has been in progress for only 2 months, but I‘m drafting a letter to my ombudsman right now in the event that I yield grandchildren before my former service is verified.

Chins up, boys!

Just sent mine in last week, I hope the ombudsman likes it.

Back