• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Verification of Former Service (VFS) [Merged]

• Thread starter maple_leaf_forever
  • Start date
so what you are saying is, i have 5 years since i left before i have to redo my QL3 ?

wack-in-iraq said:
so what you are saying is, i have 5 years since i left before i have to redo my QL3 ?
If you were Reg F and the school says okay yes.  Don't forget since you worked outside Canada you will have to do a pre-enrolment security check when you apply and that takes a long time.

that post seems relatively old (2003), and I'm curious as if anyone knows if they added any significant amount of money to the CF in the budget? Sorry to stray off topic here.

I was wondering if the army take back people who had VR (Volontary Release) ?
I hate this civilian life, everything is so boring... Damn.

Well, what is the dumb reason - I'm sure if you give us some info, we can help.

Top reasons why recruits VR from BMQ:

- My girlfriend or wife can't handle it without me;
- I miss my family;
- Nobody told me it would be this hard; and
- We have to use weapons?

I've wondered that myself if a person VR's and then regrets what they did would be allowed to have another crack at it.

A guy that was my BMQ in Aug 2003, VR'd in week,  ran in to him the other day at the CANEX. He was allowed back in but after almost 18 months he said. As he said "they keep losing my records".

Personally, if you quit once, why should they take you back, you are probably just as likely to decide again it is not for you.

It all depends I guess what your reason for leaving in the first place was.

I VR'd from BMQ in 01 because my father got diagnosed with terminal cancer. I'm returning to the regs very shortly, I've had no issues.

Island Rhybo, how long did your application took the second time ? Did they ask you in the interview why you quit and did they asked you why you want to get back in ?

Well, anyway, I'll go fill the application sheet this week.

I was wondering the same thing...

I VRed in Feb 2005 because mainly of the pace. I expected it to be hard as I read thru this forum, but I didn't expect the pace to be that fast (the PT gear to shower to combat dress in 8 min killed me). Also, being away from my first girlfriend in a while and being sick didn't help.

Since I got back, from time to time, I find myself missing BMQ and the pace of it.  I thought of going back, but still, I'm not sure if I want to live like that..

I guess I'll just wait to be sure before doing anything.

Frank

Haven't had a hitch with my application thus far. Dropped my app 2 weeks ago, did my testing last week and everything is good. I have to hand in some med docs and am waiting on my VFS (ex reservist, reg) I don't know how they look upon it. Perhaps not that favourable. I feel that I'm a good candidate though, I always had good per reports in the reserves and even when I left the reg force course the CO for my platoon recommended me as a good candidate to come back. I don't know if that makes any difference, perhaps the reasons are looked upon differently. Cheers

One VR is usually okay with me.  It is when I have some peckerhead sitting across me who swears up and down that he is ready to make a commitment to the CF after getting in and releasing for 3 or 4 times that I want to reach out and............ :rage:

Compassionate reasons are usually looked upon with sympathy. Dropping out because your girlfriend missed you (who is now your ex-girlfriend) would probably not.

Speaking as a two-time loser ;D I got out of the army after my second BE and almost 4 years later decided to get back in. The reason for rejoining I gave was I needed to feed my wife and kids because as a male I couldn't get a decent job in Bob Rae's Ontario. :threat:

That wasn't the only reason but I did wait almost 6 months to get back in. Those who VR from their basic training and have a change of heart SHOULD  be forced to undergo a waiting period(how long I don't know). Those who have joined and VR'd several times should be told in no uncertain terms to beat it and quit wasting the militarys time! I do realize that in some cases their are extenuating circumstances but lets fact it, anything more than once shows a distinct lack of maturity and absolutely no idea of commitment!

Just one soldiers opinion>

Every one who VRs has to wait a minimum of six months prior to reapplying.

Well I hate speakin about that but it's actually because of my girlfriend who was threatening to kill herself. She was a serious depressive and had a light schyzophrenia... I dropped out of the army because I was dumb enough to think I was saving her.... But after several month spent with her, I left her because she was poisoning my life...

hey there

I VR for a stupid reason (wife) and I got back in this past October. It was a bit of a pain because they want to make sure you won't do it again(which is understandable). Just keep at it and make sure they know you want it bad. I was in the recruiting office at least once a week.

good luck

later

Raquette said:
Well I hate speakin about that but it's actually because of my girlfriend who was threatening to kill herself. She was a serious depressive and had a light schyzophrenia... I dropped out of the army because I was dumb enough to think I was saving her.... But after several month spent with her, I left her because she was poisoning my life...

Wow, if it was that bad you can't really help her, she had to want to help herself and get professional treatment.

Good luck, and explain the situation. Hope you get back in. But just make sure things are taken care of before you leave.

Wow, if it was that bad you can't really help her, she had to want to help herself and get professional treatment.

Good luck, and explain the situation. You'll probably get back in. But just make sure things are taken care of before you leave.

You don't know that for certain Vigilant, so I would keep that kind of speculation to yourself.

Back