• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Verbal offer of enrollment?

Veritta

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I need some help/guidance from people who understand the recruiting process - I applied for DOTP last November, went through the process, did the interviews, etc. got a call about a week ago saying that I'm accepted but there are no spots open for basic so I need to start working right away if I sign the papers, which I can't do until I'm done classes...

Next day DND called back and they said they'll put my file aside to try to put me with ROTP's in July... so I'm going to sign my papers then, but my recruiting center told me the duedate for signing the papers is March 31, because new fiscal year starts on April 1st.

So I'm really confused, does this mean I have an offer of enrollment, or am I waitlisted? Also, should I call back my recruiting center to double-check that everything will be fine if I don't sign the papers by April 1st? There seems to be a bit of miscommunication between the DND that told me to sign in July and the Recruiting Center that told me March 31st is the absolute deadline... so I'm not sure who to call

any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm really confused  ???

I think your best bet would be to call your recruiting centre tomorrow and direct those questions to those who are familiar with your file.

edit: to make more sense.

Absolutely.  Ensure that you confirm the offer details with your career counsellor or other officer who can explain the details to you in person rather than referring to someone else or notes.

MKO

Veritta said:
got a call about a week ago saying that I'm accepted but there are no spots open for basic so I need to start working right away if I sign the papers, which I can't do until I'm done classes...

I received a similar call at the end of January this year saying much the same...I was accepted and have a job, but an offer can't 'officially' be extended until spots open up in basic. I'm still waiting, and getting a little frustrated...

Is this a common thing to happen, with no spots open in basic?

j_r_42 said:
I received a similar call at the end of January this year saying much the same...I was accepted and have a job, but an offer can't 'officially' be extended until spots open up in basic. I'm still waiting, and getting a little frustrated...

Why are you frustrated? There's a lot of waiting in the CF, even after you're in it.

BMQ classes fill up. I don't know how far in advance, but apparently, quite far. They will add you to a BMQ once they have an opening.

j_r_42 said:

Just try to remember that you are not the only one waiting. And some people have been waiting much longer then you.  ;)

Well, the waiting is over for the official offer!!  I got a call the other day...BOTP on August 31st!! Now the next wait begins....

At least I have plenty of time to work on my fitness level...

j_r_42 said:
Well, the waiting is over for the official offer!!  I got a call the other day...BOTP on August 31st!! Now the next wait begins....

At least I have plenty of time to work on my fitness level...

Ditto, although I really wish there was something on paper!

Back