• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vancouver getting Dumped On

Spr.Earl

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
That nice kinda fluffy stuff you guy‘s get down east is falling,it‘s -7.
School‘s closed,store‘s etc. sending employee‘s home for the day!!LOL
We are supposed to get hit hard over night!!
10 c.m. then rain Wed.
What would they do with a real down east winter?
(Not this year‘s) ;)

I love it! :D
Snow you bugger,Snow!!!

haha, Earl you sound like a kid who‘s school got cancelled!
Actually it‘s snowing outside right now here...of course it‘ll turn to rain, but I don‘t think we ever get snow that stays for longer then a couple of hours, eventually the rain kicks in and we half a slushy-muddy mixture that‘s **** on the cars.

I miss the 2 feet snow I use to get when I was younger.

Doesn‘t really belong to this forum. Moving to off topic.

-RHF the evil moderator :D

I lived for 8 years near Chilliwack and I‘ve seen what you‘re describing. A few inches of snow and it drops below -5 C and all **** breaks loose. Its quite hilarious actually. My students would stare out the windows while the snow fell and I had to let them go early as they had about 5% of their regular attention span!

Originally posted by Che:
[qb] haha, Earl you sound like a kid who‘s school got cancelled!
[/qb]
I know,aint it great? ;)
We are all kid‘s a heart :D

Sorry RFH,may you have a warm breeze up your kilt alway‘s ;)

Originally posted by brin11:
[qb] I lived for 8 years near Chilliwack and I‘ve seen what you‘re describing. A few inches of snow and it drops below -5 C and all **** breaks loose. Its quite hilarious actually. My students would stare out the windows while the snow fell and I had to let them go early as they had about 5% of their regular attention span! [/qb]
Brin,the trouble with the Wack is when that wind come‘s roaring out of the Canyon along with the Fluffy Stuff :(
F‘n freezing!!!
Hated it when out at the Wet Gap or on the Lake Rafting!!!!Never mind attempting Water Supply!!

I think Mel hasen‘t move to Vancouver yet!

We get hardly get any snow here in Edmonton, just the nice and cold weather. It was something like 40 below with windchill this past weekend. And slippery as **** on the roads...

Originally posted by Korus:
[qb] We get hardly get any snow here in Edmonton, just the nice and cold weather. It was something like 40 below with windchill this past weekend. And slippery as **** on the roads... [/qb]
So not like my first winter in Canada in Edmonchuck in 64.
The worst winter in nearly 100yrs!!
Ton‘s of snow and cold!!

Quite the surprise for a kid just over from the U.K. :eek:

10 cm............your fykg kidding me!
That‘s panic to you guys......god forbid if I cut down a tree that someone hugged out there.

lol today in barrie all the schools were closed excpet for mine...it pissed me off !

Originally posted by ArmyAl:
[qb] 10 cm............your fykg kidding me!
That‘s panic to you guys......god forbid if I cut down a tree that someone hugged out there. [/qb]
It is for those who don‘t know how to drive in it
and that‘s nearly all of em out here :D

And you think they know how to drive here? We had two police cruisers crash (in seperate incidents) on Saturday.. ;)

with the windchill it‘s near -40 C here in Montreal...

we could use a bit more snow tho.. not enough for my taste :p

we have about 3 feet of the white stuff

I don‘t care much for aymore snow here in the city. But the mountains, on the other hand.. they need more snow. Much more snow. Another couple of meters.

(I‘m still mad about the new dings I have in the bases of my skis from 2 weekends ago)

Well, for what it‘s worth, I‘ve been trying to hunt javelina the last couple of days, and it‘s almost too hot to hunt :p

Was around 73 degrees today.... what a rough ol life :warstory:

-30 today in Halifax, and I decided to get in some outdoor rock climbing...
Still not sure why...
Icicles froze on my beard it was kind of neat actually I looked a little like Santa Claus.

My sister went down stateside for the holidays, and she came back late on the Saturday where it hit 40 below with windchill. When I went to pick her up, there were two flights comming out of the customs gate at the same time, one from Houston, one from Cancun.

It was rather quite amusing to see people comming out of customs with dark tans, shorts and t-shirts, while everyone waiting to pick up family/friends was bundled up nice and warm.

I wonder how many of them didn‘t even think to have warm clothes handy.. I saw some people stop and put on jackets right away, but others just kept on going..

Back