• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC wait times

A PTSD claim will generally take between 8-10 weeks from the time of submission of your application to decision (if you have a clear diagnosis in your med file).
Hi just a quick story. Went for assessment at OSI clinic 2 years ago. Received a package with forms from VAC about a month later problem was never heard back from OSI or saw a copy of report so never completed anything as thought no diagnosis. Two months ago I was at family doctor and he provided a copy of the OSI report that actually had anxiety and depressive disorder diagnosis. I ended up getting another assessment done from a local psychologist who basically stated same thing as OSI. I decided to submit forms to VAC which I did at beginning of October and last week file said complete. Four weeks unbelievable. Haven’t seen decision yet but went to current payment and see an increase so assume I won. Again VAC from start to finish 4 weeks must be a record lol. Good luck to all.

Hi just a quick story. Went for assessment at OSI clinic 2 years ago. Received a package with forms from VAC about a month later problem was never heard back from OSI or saw a copy of report so never completed anything as thought no diagnosis. Two months ago I was at family doctor and he provided a copy of the OSI report that actually had anxiety and depressive disorder diagnosis. I ended up getting another assessment done from a local psychologist who basically stated same thing as OSI. I decided to submit forms to VAC which I did at beginning of October and last week file said complete. Four weeks unbelievable. Haven’t seen decision yet but went to current payment and see an increase so assume I won. Again VAC from start to finish 4 weeks must be a record lol. Good luck to all.
Just an FYI, you can tell how much your Lump Sum will be just by that PSC Monthly amount in your Current Benefits. I'm assuming you already know, but just giving you a heads up. Congrats on an amazing fast OSI Claim and congrats on a Favourable Decision and the lump sum should be a hefty amount.

Man that’s amazing, I was diagnosed back in August but took almost 2 months for my diagnoses to go from step 1 to step 2 ( kept telling me they have it but not uploaded yet) then went to step 3.1 in a couple days then 3.2 the next day. I have been at 3.2 for a week. Just hear different things on how long it takes.

Great information there.

They gave me 45% for my PTSD last month, and now Im receiving the additional pain and suffering at level 3, which is 567$ a month. If I understood correctly, they will evaluate me every year for my additional pain and suffering? If so, how they evaluate?

John
did you apply to the additional pain and suffering way before or did they include it as part of your approval?

Just an FYI, you can tell how much your Lump Sum will be just by that PSC Monthly amount in your Current Benefits. I'm assuming you already know, but just giving you a heads up. Congrats on an amazing fast OSI Claim and congrats on a Favourable Decision and the lump sum should be a hefty amount.

This is exactly what I did when I received notification is email that my last claim was Complete; logged in to MyVAC, matched the new Monthly amount to the PSC table, I called the Comm Center and told them I was electing Lump Dum. I had my Lump Sum election doc drop into my Inbox not long after official decision letter. 10 or so days later, lump sum was in our bank account.

Just some new updated Decision making info from the mouths of VRAB themselves regarding Appeal Decision. During my recent In-Person Appeal Board Hearing conclusion they advised me that they will have a Decision in 6-8 weeks. I just received my VRAB Decision Letter in 2 weeks! That is some good fast timing. Before this would take months upon months. And the one before only took 3 weeks for a Decision. Too bad VAC is not as fast lol.

Just some new updated Decision making info from the mouths of VRAB themselves regarding Appeal Decision. During my recent In-Person Appeal Board Hearing conclusion they advised me that they will have a Decision in 6-8 weeks. I just received my VRAB Decision Letter in 2 weeks! That is some good fast timing. Before this would take months upon months. And the one before only took 3 weeks for a Decision. Too bad VAC is not as fast lol.
How does the Hearing go? I'm going to be having one sometime (soon?) and haven't heard much about the format. Do they come to you, do they just confirm what the documents say with you?

It's not as intimidating as people might think and not bad at all. You meet with your BPA Lawyer about 30 minutes prior to the actual Board Hearing to go over the plan of attack and key points the Lawyer wants to hit home. During the hearing, your lawyer will do the majority of the talking and you will just have to answer a few general questions clarifying some key date, timeframes, etc...my hearing lasted about 30-40 minutes. It's all good, no worries at all. BPA Lawyer will have everything in front of her from your file and SOC. I really didn't bring anything except for the service related facts on paper that I made sure wouldn't get missed verbally during the hearing. Just do your homework and you will be fine. Your Lawyer will have your SOC with everything in it. About a few weeks prior to the hearing you will receive a letter in your VAC Account with the details and timings/location of the hearing.

Any one have an idea how long step 3.3 usually takes? I have been here for just over 3 weeks and can not seem to get an answer from VAC what 3.3 even means.

I'm surprised it has been on 3.3 for over 3 weeks. Step 3.3 means Decision has been made and usually you will only have to wait days.

Went to 3.3 on the 8th of Nov, every time I call they say they can't tell me anything except "When it's complete you will have a decision letter sent to you". That's why I thought I would ask because it seems weird.

And then today it moved back to 3.2 after over a month a 3.3. I called VAC with zero information given to me except just wait they will be working on it to get it finalized and they do not know why it went backwards

I submitted a request for the forms to get a re-assessment of a pensioned injury due to deterioration of mobility. I received a reply in three days. The reply said the request would be sent to my regional office and I should receive the forms in 4 to 6 months.

I submitted a request for the forms to get a re-assessment of a pensioned injury due to deterioration of mobility. I received a reply in three days. The reply said the request would be sent to my regional office and I should receive the forms in 4 to 6 months.

I requested a reassessment in Jan 2023. I received the forms in Oct 2023.

did you apply to the additional pain and suffering way before or did they include it as part of your approval?
Sorry for the late reply,

Yes you have to apply for the additional pain and suffering. It took me 2-3 weeks for an answer. From step 1 to step final decision, super fast.

John

Back