• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UVIC threads on Recruiting, Protests & Students against War

Well well what an interesting turn of events. Hurray for those students who took the time to stand up for their rights and not be bullied by those zealots on their student board!

It's really quite entertaining. This is from the UVic Students Against War facebook group:

Thomas P Radcliffe (Vancouver, BC) wrote 2 hours ago
It dawned on me during this disaster of a meeting that the Canadian Forces was in fact paying many (most) of the students there who voted down the issue. This was not a democratic vote, but a funded and organized co-opting of the process by the reservists and active members who are members of the UVSS!

Those with facebook can go to this link: http://uvic.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=5910384065&topic=4007

That's right. Which budget item did this payroll came from? Oh yeah, it must be the "Students Against Students Against War and Freedom of Speech" meeting disruptions and miscellaneous exercising of fundamental rights.  :blotto:

Feral said:
It dawned on me during this disaster of a meeting that the Canadian Forces was in fact paying many (most) of the students there who voted down the issue. This was not a democratic vote, but a funded and organized co-opting of the process by the reservists and active members who are members of the UVSS!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Time to check my ALCAN shares; I sense a great profit coming on...................

Feral said:

I think someone's tinfoil helmet is a little tight.

Probably testing out the statement he's going to use in his next report to Direct Action Central Command:

"We were unable to radicalize the student elements due to the interference of the imperialist capitalist forces who paid a large portion of the student body to show up and vote against our efforts to free the unwashed and unwitting masses from their chains...etc.etc.."

Double  ::)

MRP wanna go halves on an expedition to afghanistan to find the gold? I heard there's a whole crap load burried right below KAF! That's why we put our base there!!

Pffft PUHLEASE give me a break. I'm all for freedom of speech, however, I think it should be amended to freedom of intelligent speech. The uninformed university/college students should all be given a swift kick in the ass and banned from higher education, because obviously, the higher education have not served them one little bit. While we're at it... They should all be shipped off to afghanistan to form their own NGOs, and no the CF should not be mandated to protect them. AT ALL.

And our governments pay public sector unions, many of whom have direct and strong ties to certain political parties and therefore, on occasion, to sitting governments.  So I wonder what his point is supposed to be.

Feral said:

Ok so in other words, people of the CF shouldnt get paid? Some people....

I'll have to find my old contract and see if it says in there anywhere "obligated to show up at university campuses and disrupt student union meetings"...

"It dawned on me during this disaster of a meeting that the Canadian Forces was in fact paying many (most) of the students there who voted down the issue."

- I'll bet some Militia units would love to have that sort of turn out on a Tuesday night!

;)

decoy said:
Apparently the "Counter-recruitment" campaign being undertaken by the anti-war lobby is a national issue:

Check THIS out (holy frack!):

http://operationobjection.org/

UNBELIEVABLE.

- They can't even Canadianize their own propaganda - they use US stuff!

- Makes you wonder who writes their term papers...

;D

All of their stuff is US-based with a sprinkling of 'Canadianization', and the kids they tell this BS to dont know the difference so think it still is the truth.

- I am constantly amazed at how bereft of their own ideas the Canadian left actually is.  How can they be "Anti-American", yet constantly parrot the propaganda of the American left?

- I guess Communism truly is an "International".

well i always say, they whine and complain and where there 'dont support the troops' t-shirts, but who do you think keeps it so they are allowed to wear those shirts?

JBoyd said:
well i always say, they whine and complain and where there 'dont support the troops' t-shirts, but who do you think keeps it so they are allowed to wear those shirts?

Three words:

Made-in-China

decoy said:
It makes you wonder if they have ever actually spoken to a Canadian soldier??? Once again, it's much easier for them to pass judgment if they can conflate the US with Canada...

"We have much to build on. According to the London Free Press, "The number of Canadian soldiers who have gone absent without leave has doubled in the last six years... Records[what records????????] obtained through access to information show 708 troops were convicted of going AWOL in 2005 - more than twice the 340 convicted of the offence in 2000. Numbers show a sharp rise after 2001, when the 9/11 terrorist attacks propelled Canada's military into a more dangerous, combative role abroad." This highlights just how much support this national counter-recruitment campaign will have. Indeed, Francisco Juarez, a Canadian soldier until recently, became the first to speak out against Canada's war in Afghanistan. It is just a matter of time before more Canadian soldiers begin to do the same." (http://operationobjection.org/about.html)

Back