• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

USMC vs Canadian Army..whos better?

Exodia

Inactive
Reaction score
I know I may get flamed for this...but when I was taking my SQ course in Shilo...the standards warrant said that our army is superior to the USMC....I'm thinking....wha? I am patriotic and all and I love the army  :salute:. But I don't know what he was talking about. Anyone?

Exodia said:
I know I may get flamed for this...but when I was taking my SQ course in Shilo...the standards warrant said that our army is superior to the USMC....I'm thinking....wha? I am patriotic and all and I love the army  :salute:. But I don't know what he was talking about. Anyone?

Until the USMC adds a Highland Regiment to it's order of battle, we will certainly be cooler.

Haggis said:
Until the USMC adds a Highland Regiment to it's order of battle, we will certainly be cooler.

Beautifully put.
To the OP, you might want to just start with something a little more ... open. For example, Canadian Army vs. US Army?

Badger, how about no.

All these threads about Canadian Army vs US Marines, Army, etc is stupid, goes no where and are juvenile IMO.

Both(CF and US Military) are quite capable, and excel at what they do.

There are Pros and Cons to each, neither are perfect.

Personally, I like the citrus taste of oranges, but apples are convenient in that one does not have to peel them...

Personaly, i like hiting apples with baseball bats.........

This question makes about as much sense as comparing the Allouettes with the Canadiens.  The USMC and the Canadian Army have different roles and although there is some common ground (as do the Allouettes and the Canadiens - they're all young athletic men), comparing the two isn't really possible.

Pusser said:
This question makes about as much sense as comparing the Allouettes with the Canadiens.

And, like the USMC, neither is ever likely to wear kilts.  :piper:

Let's settle this debate with a paintball skirmish between USMC and CAN ARMY.

Intersting topic.  I know a guy who was in the CF, then went to the USMC. He was pretty clear that there were good things about both organizations, but that they were both far and away much better than the US Army, if that's any consolation!

the 48th regulator said:
Just wondering, better at what?

dileas

tess

I am thinking drinking http://forums.army.ca/forums/Smileys/Armyca/beer.gif

daftandbarmy said:
Intersting topic.  I know a guy who was in the CF, then went to the USMC. He was pretty clear that there were good things about both organizations, but that they were both far and away much better than the US Army, if that's any consolation!

I've talked to a few folks on here who have done that and am seriously considering it myself.  This thread could have potentially been valuable asking what similarities and differences both organizations have instead of a simply "what's better".

I think we'd destroy them at hockey, they'd beat us at football (depending if it's 3 or 4 down ball), and baseball would be a toss up.

the 48th regulator said:
Just wondering, better at what?

dileas

tess

Mainly good ol' fashioned combat arms type stuff: fitness, skill at arms and other individual training standards, initiative etc.

daftandbarmy said:
Mainly good ol' fashioned combat arms type stuff: fitness, skill at arms and other individual training standards, initiative etc.

So I guess hitting oranges with bats is out....Frig, this thread is boring.

dileas

tess

Back