• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US vs. Iran

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reported by the Washingtom Post, so I guess it's credible... and very scary

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=6909

daftandbarmy said:
Reported by the Washingtom Post, so I guess it's credible... and very scary

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=6909

Its a tin foil hat web site having nothing to do with the Post. Personnel that have anything to do with nukes are very carefully selected for reliability. That is the only way the system can work. You cant have people second guessing decisions and hesitation can mean the deaths of millions of US citizens including your own family. The US will not use nuclear weapons unless provoked. Believe me that we have considerable conventional weapons that can accomplish our objective should the need arise.

WMR has learned that a U.S. attack on Iran using nuclear and conventional weapons was scheduled to coincide with Israel's September 6 air attack on a reputed Syrian nuclear facility

A note at the bottom of the article reads:

Any source with relevant information and who wishes to contact us anonymously may drop off sealed correspondence at or send mail via the Postal Service to: Wayne Madsen

This makes it look like just anyone can drop off anything fact or fiction to Wayne Madison and it will be used if he likes whathe reads.
I very much doubt that Mr.Madison has information that can be called credible which informs him of a planned nuclear attack on Iran.

Yeah, completely bizzare. Having helped to guard various US and UK bases in the UK during the 'Ronnie and Maggie Show', it was clear to me that the nuclear weapons managment is very squared away.  I guess this guy is able to play on doubts currently being raised about the Bush administration to get some air time.

The only doubters are the idiots on the left who have hated Bush from the time they lost the 2000 election. Whats funny is that they constantly say that Bush stole the election when it was the dem's who tried to steal the election but was reversed at the Supreme Court.

tomahawk6 said:
The only doubters are the idiots on the left who have hated Bush from the time they lost the 2000 election. Whats funny is that they constantly say that Bush stole the election when it was the dem's who tried to steal the election but was reversed at the Supreme Court.

people voted him in TWICE.  the war was already going on when he was voted in once.

no one has any leg to stand on to complain about him.  they voted him in.  they need to deal with it.

electing democrats in 2008 will NOT stop the war.  wait til democrats start getting phone calls from chevron and haliburton.  people are in for a neat surprise.  only a complete recession will stop the war.

r

Razorguns, why are you even in the military ?

razorguns said:
electing democrats in 2008 will NOT stop the war.  wait til democrats start getting phone calls from chevron and haliburton.  people are in for a neat surprise.  only a complete recession will stop the war.

if u join the military with a 'whats in it for me?' attitude - its the wrong reason.

you join to save other brothers lives with your skills and knowledge.  oh yeah, and some benefits now and then.  :)

the us govt doesn't care what ur opinion is.  as long as u pickup that machine gun when you're told to. 

r

The plot thickens... where's Agatha Christie when you need her?

Mystery surrounds death of US Airmen

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=24190&sectionid=3510203

it wouldn't surprise me.

but why is this in some .ir website, and not cnn?  are they too busy chasing Sen Craig's gay bathroom exploits?

micheal moore would have a field day with this. 

r

razorguns said:
if u join the military with a 'whats in it for me?' attitude - its the wrong reason.

you join to save other brothers lives with your skills and knowledge.  oh yeah, and some benefits now and then.  :)

the us govt doesn't care what ur opinion is.  as long as u pickup that machine gun when you're told to. 

r

Please treat our language with respect.

It's "you", not "u", and "your", not "ur".

And capitalize where appropriate as well, please.

Loachman said:
Please treat our language with respect.

It's "you", not "u", and "your", not "ur".

And capitalize where appropriate as well, please.

THAT is your contribution to this thread?  Pick on me for miss-spellings and capitilization???

r

razorguns said:
THAT is your contribution to this thread?  Pick on me for miss-spellings and capitilization???

r
Well, it do make it easier to read.

The evidence mounts. Buy oil and gold.

US training gulf forces for war with Iran

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/30/wiran130.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

tomahawk6 said:
Its a tin foil hat web site having nothing to do with the Post.

Big giveaway is that all the  email addresses are 'yahoo.com'.  Most every legtimate companies have thier own private address.

Slightly funny, on topic, predictable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP_5UHk61Eo&mode=related&search=

razorguns said:

I am not picking on you. I am making a request.

Many people on this forum find such practices annoying. I am not the only one. Many of us simply stop reading posts containing nonstandard abbreviations as they either make comprehension difficult or they simply grate too much.

I presume that, since you post, you wish to be read by a wide audience.

Also, people are judged by many things. Clarity of communication is but one of them. Poor communication indicates that that person generally does not care too much about his/her performance elsewhere, either. With no personal knowledge of someone, their writings are pretty much all that we can form impressions on here.

As you spend time on this forum, you will perhaps notice that we hold certain things to higher standards than the norm elsewhere, just as we hold certain things to higher standards in the Armed Forces than the norm in civil society.

It all comes down to how many people you wish to read your posts, and how much respect you want.

Some additional light reading on the topic:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/33247.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/31327.0.html

Maybe they can add textspeak and other nonstandard abbreviations to these target lists. Go Navy.

http://agonist.org/ian_welsh/20071002/air_war_target_iran

The revised bombing plan for a possible attack, with its tightened focus on counterterrorism, is gathering support among generals and admirals in the Pentagon. The strategy calls for the use of sea-launched cruise missiles and more precisely targeted ground attacks and bombing strikes, including plans to destroy the most important Revolutionary Guard training camps, supply depots, and command and control facilities.

“Cheney’s option is now for a fast in and out—for surgical strikes,” the former senior American intelligence official told me. The Joint Chiefs have turned to the Navy, he said, which had been chafing over its role in the Air Force-dominated air war in Iraq. “The Navy’s planes, ships, and cruise missiles are in place in the Gulf and operating daily. They’ve got everything they need—even AWACS are in place and the targets in Iran have been programmed. The Navy is flying FA-18 missions every day in the Gulf.” There are also plans to hit Iran’s anti-aircraft surface-to-air missile sites. “We’ve got to get a path in and a path out,” the former official said.

A Pentagon consultant on counterterrorism told me that, if the bombing campaign took place, it would be accompanied by a series of what he called “short, sharp incursions” by American Special Forces units into suspected Iranian training sites. He said, “Cheney is devoted to this, no question.”

A limited bombing attack of this sort “only makes sense if the intelligence is good,” the consultant said. If the targets are not clearly defined, the bombing “will start as limited, but then there will be an ‘escalation special.’ Planners will say that we have to deal with Hezbollah here and Syria there. The goal will be to hit the cue ball one time and have all the balls go in the pocket. But add-ons are always there in strike planning.”

Back