• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Update: Spot Closed. Confused?

kylereserve1

Inactive
Reaction score
So what happened was I called my recruiting office on the parade night (Infantry Reserve) to check if my file got sent to them as I've been merit listed since the beginning of August.

The call went straight to the message machine with it saying spots for Infantry are closed. Now I'm confused because I applied back in April/May and he said he was trying to get spots filled for the November BMQ because they were not enough people yet or the course would have not run this year. So he told me to write down my name on a list of people (being the 11th person I believe) for the November BMQ. I was told once my file was processed and sent to him he would enroll me asap and get me parading when the unit starts back up in September.

The CFRC two weeks ago said they still haven't sent my file to my unit yet and I also heard from one other person they said they were behind on things. I tried calling the CFRC and trying to dial the number for recruiting inquiries by pressing the single digit number but the machine kept going in circles and the automated message kept repeating itself.

I'm just confused right now because I don't know if when the message machine for my home unit said "spots for infantry are closed but I might still have spots available for you, don't worry they may open up at any time" meant that it's closed for people applying right now and trying to get in within the next few months, or if it meant even people who applied back in April/May and are still having their files processed or merit listed.

I don't even think my recruiter knows I'm merit listed because I'm almost certain my CFRC didn't even send my file back to my home unit yet. Any help anybody? :-\

My eyes hurt.  Fill out your profile so we know where you are.  People on here might know things...

Paragraphs. That's one hell of a ramble.

Is it too much to ask you to edit your post so it is easier to read and follow?  I got lost in line 3.  :eek:

Now, based on what you've said (and realize this is just a guess...) it is possible that you actually "made the cut", and that they aren't processing files/applications for the unit you are dealing with "at this time";  but that might not have any relevance to your file/application.

It might be worth your time to (1) relax (2) breath and (3) see if you can contact the unit recruiter you were dealing with and ask some simple and clear questions about your application. 

I apologize, I just updated my profile now and modified my post for it to be easier to read.

Well I just called the CFRC they said my application has not been sent to my unit yet but my merit list position expires on November 27th. Does that mean I have to re-apply and do all my tests again if it expires? :-\

Did you contact the reserve unit recruiter to ask them questions??

If not...start there.

reserve1 said:
Well I just called the CFRC they said my application has not been sent to my unit yet but my merit list position expires on November 27th. Does that mean I have to re-apply and do all my tests again? :-\

You had them on the phone....why did you not ask them then?

I originally called my reserve unit recruiter but it went straight to the message machine, that's when I found out on the message machine spots apparently got closed recently which I'm not sure if that applies for me since I've already been processed. So then I emailed my reserve unit recruiter and awaiting a response since thursday.

And when I had them on the phone, he was not sure of the answer, he said he thinks that I would have to re-apply. But he wasn't fully sure on that.

Hey, you got them on the phone. Apparently that's a plus these days.

Wait a couple of more days for the Res recruiter to get back to you. And ask if he's sure now.

Back