• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UOR new equipment

I am not sure the RFP has been released for any of the big eFP UORs.

This can be a big problem especially if the management does not understand what their business actually does. If the management is capable of taking on that work it is much easier to deal with turnover. Ive seen it with management chasing solutions to problems that were solved long ago and just wasting everyones time and at the end we are back where we started just in time for them to move onto another job/posting. The people left just go into survival mode and wait out the next guys term and churn.
The Liberals (Chreatin era) introduced the idea that any manager could manage a Department or program and did not need to come up through that department. So you have a lot of senior managers that do not understand their Department/Programs business model and responsibilities. The managers primary concern is pleasing the political masters to ensure a promotion up the line.

I am not sure the RFP has been released for any of the big eFP UORs.
My only hope is that maybe the delay is a re-do accounting for a larger more complex eFP having a larger, more complex equipment requirement
Say from 3 launchers (dismounted) to provide platoon anti-armour weapons for single company, to 6 launchers (dismounted) to provide platoon anti-armour weapons for two companies, plus a mix of mounted and dismounted launchers for an AT platoon and an armoured cavalry squadron.

Last edited:
While we’re still waiting on any developments for the new ATGMS Belgium has managed to move from Spike to MMP.

While we’re still waiting on any developments for the new ATGMS Belgium has managed to move from Spike to MMP.

Lets see - since I was playing soldiers that means that we have saved money by not buying the Milan, not buying Spike, not buying Javelin and now not buying MMP.

PWGSC are genii.

In fairness to the thing; I’m mroe mad we just abandoned it without a replacement. We had 400 plus firing posts and 1000s of missiles if wiki is to be believed. If we can de mothball TOW…

In fairness to the thing; I’m mroe mad we just abandoned it without a replacement. We had 400 plus firing posts and 1000s of missiles if wiki is to be believed. If we can de mothball TOW…
Fair.

It would have been at least as useful on grape huts as the Carl Gustaf.

Never having used it I’m just making the assumption the thing worked as advertised.
They were getting old, early. Due to a lack of climate controlled storage the flight motors were starting to crack causing bursting. Needed a ballistic blanket like on some TOW.

Last Eryx shoot I was on was in Gagetown for Small Arms course. Over two weeks we fired over 160. Had 14 failures, a few gunner related, mostly thrust stopping device functioning for one of several reasons.

It was bough to be used in temperate Germany, shooting from villages or woodlines at WP forces coming from the next village or woodline over. Had a good sized warhead and was fast, but other than that had too short a range, and was a bit delicate.

They were getting old, early. Due to a lack of climate controlled storage the flight motors were starting to crack causing bursting. Needed a ballistic blanket like on some TOW.

Last Eryx shoot I was on was in Gagetown for Small Arms course. Over two weeks we fired over 160. Had 14 failures, a few gunner related, mostly thrust stopping device functioning for one of several reasons.

It was bough to be used in temperate Germany, shooting from villages or woodlines at WP forces coming from the next village or woodline over. Had a good sized warhead and was fast, but other than that had too short a range, and was a bit delicate.
Giant Turd.
It was obsolete before it was even out of the Program Office.

Giant Turd.
It was obsolete before it was even out of the Program Office.
Potato-asparagus.

It could have been better. It was a political purchase for Canadian-French technical cooperation. France provided a slightly sub-par missile. Canada apparently provided the Mirabel sight. We may have not liked it, but some of other countries bought multiple tranches of it.

The Liberals (Chreatin era) introduced the idea that any manager could manage a Department or program and did not need to come up through that department. So you have a lot of senior managers that do not understand their Department/Programs business model and responsibilities. The managers primary concern is pleasing the political masters to ensure a promotion up the line.
Not unique to government bureaucracies. Many large organizations in industry believe leadership skills will mitigate lack of direct knowledge and experience in respect of the function being led.

Potato-asparagus.

It could have been better. It was a political purchase for Canadian-French technical cooperation. France provided a slightly sub-par missile. Canada apparently provided the Mirabel sight. We may have not liked it, but some of other countries bought multiple tranches of it.
Lots of Armies buy turds in large volumes.

In hindsight I’m surprised the Carl G wasn’t removed from service to attempt to field it…

In hindsight I’m surprised the Carl G wasn’t removed from service to attempt to field it…
The Carl G is kinda like a mortar system, in that there is something do simple, yet so brutally effective that it should only be replaced by newer versions of the same

Sometimes 'the next best thing' is the thing you already have

Shut up C-16, shut up! Back to your cellar!

Ukraine has definitely proved the Carl G is still useful, M4s here we come, I hope. We really need to produce the ammo here though

Back