• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UNPROFOR Roto 5 - Oct 94 - Apr 95 - 1RCR

the 48th regulator

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
Hi All,

I need your help.   I am thinking of setting up a scrap book of sorts for posterity, and to have as a keepsake.

I was wondering if anyone who served on the same tour as me would help me out with pictures, and stories associated with them.

I served In Charles Coy, but I would love to see any/all pics of the tour.   Predeployment, deployment, and arrival back.

Any help would be a appreciated.   PM and we can discuss how we can arrange and exchange (upload, mail).

It also will give me a chance to reassociate with you, my buddies, some of which I have not seen or heard from in 10 years!

dileas

John Tescione

Great Idea Tess,

I know we have talked about this on personal e-mail. But just wanted to put in my public support. I will be tearing my house apart looking for my boxes of pictures.

Ben

Cheers Ben

In particular, I remember we got group Photos taken right before the tour.  It was copmany, platoon, and we convinced the photographer to take a section picture.

If anyone knows how I can get my hands on these it would be much appreciated.  Do I go through Access to information.  Is there somewhere that I can contact i.e Public Affairs?

Anone out there that may have an idea, please post

dileas

tess

Tess

I'll have to look it up in the Eight-Pointed Star from the tour, but one guy from int took most of the shots in the book.  I'll try to get in touch with him and see where the negs are.

PS

I was the sect comd for Rastevic Security that night.  Good on you and Badani, hope you are well.

Cheers

Dave

Cheers Dave

BTW, I never got a copy, any Idea how I can find one these days? I have a few of the small monthly ones, but not the actual book

tess

Thanks Dave

I appreciate that. Hey do you remember a Rob Mason from the 48th he was on duty that night I believe.  if so he is doing well, working in the film industry here with me (I know ugh Hollywood north)

tess

For back copies of the Eight point Star I beleive that you can get hold of The 1st Batt and ask for the final edition. The book has a bunch of photos of the BG at work (and in the case of AAP) play.
Pro Patria

TOW GUNNER
UNPROFOR 94/95

Tess,

To let you know I have contacted all of our old section except Paul S. I have passed on the request for pictures and hopefully they will come through for you.

Ben

only if he can contribute pictures or anything useful to me.

Remember on this site, I hold the rank above him.

hehhehhehe muhahahahwaaaaaaaaahahaha

tess

dirtnco said:
For back copies of the Eight point Star I beleive that you can get hold of The 1st Batt and ask for the final edition. The book has a bunch of photos of the BG at work (and in the case of AAP) play.
Pro Patria

TOW GUNNER
UNPROFOR 94/95

I have been in contact with the Regimental museum, who put me on to the Sgt. In charge of 1RCR's kit shop.

He is looking into it!

Cheers and thanks for the advice!

dileas

tess

Alright team, lets do this, I need the pics coming, stories told etc etc

Johnny, its Dave from Ottawa (was in the GGFG, on our tour I was in the pioneer section, 9platoon, C-Coy).

I have lots of photos, newspaper clippings, the 8 pointed star. Lots of stuff. I put a scrap book together about 6 years ago.  I also went back to that part of Croatia in 2001 and revisited some of our old company areas and former OPs. Took some interesting photos. Some things really changed, others look the same. 

Been trying to find some of the guys from Charles Coy, are you in touch with any of them?

Dave D'Angelo
Ottawa,

davedangelo@hotmail.com

Dave!

Great to hear from you man!  I have been in touch with a few of the guys, via the site, I will pm you shortly with some fo the guys info

dileas

tess

Want to kick this bad boy into gear again and wish everyone a Happy New year!!

Hogmanay!

dileas

tess

I get to spend every summer in your old AOR ;) since its where our summer place is 8)...I love that area and the scenery, land and "some" houses are moderatly cheap around gracac and some other places down towards zadar if youre in the market but theres still the "mine and uxo" problem.

Back