• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unit Shoulder Title Badges

rwgill said:
CF jacket, in all forms, was only authorized for a Cadet Chief Warrant Officer.  Is was never authorized for Pipe Bands or Highland Cadet Corps.  NOW, it not authorized for cadets in any shape or form.
Quite aware of that - merely suggesting that the change should have been to formalize the status quo - extend the authorization for wear of the DEU tunic to Highland-uniformed cadets, especially the musicians.

Ah, well... I guess the thing to do (for corps authorized by their AfU...) now is come up with full dress or patrol blues for bands, guards, flag parties, and Sgts & WOs in "command" positions.

rwgill said:
CF jacket, in all forms, was only authorized for a Cadet Chief Warrant Officer.  Is was never authorized for Pipe Bands or Highland Cadet Corps.  NOW, it not authorized for cadets in any shape or form.

Yes and in a Scottish unit we are lucky if we can parade the RSM in a Kilt, due to the cost of the Kilt.
It Looked OK with the CF cutaway - now it just looks silly with a cutaway Cadet "safari" jacket, So I doubt we will carry that on.

There's a bit of a theme developing in the last 10 years in the Cadet Movement.
One part "Boil the frog"  (incremental negative change) ("INC" my new acronym!)
one part issuing directives without considering the actual consequence (i.e. that Cadets are not to wear field dress en route to an exercise, but  to change into environmental clothing/OG107 etc only at the training area...)
Not-so-sensible thinking is not new to Military orgs, but the pendulum usually swings back under enlightened leadership. I wonder when our pendulum will swing?

Grid North, What tartan do you wear?  There may be other sources for solutions to your kilt problem.

Back