• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Uniform when abroad

Journeyman said:
Truth be told, you're both coming across as a couple of douches.

Just sayin'

Maybe so, but my answer is based on more than mere "regulations".

The definition of when a Reservist is deemed to be on duty has given rise to many legal discussions.  Reservists on duty have certain entitlements (i.e pay) which are clearly defined.  However, the second order effects of being "on duty" are less clear.  Once a Reservist puts on the uniform he is subject to the Code of Service Discipline (NDA 60(1)(c)(ii)).  If he were to commit a service offence, how would our disciplinary jurisdction be established if he committed the alleged offence in uniform but not having signed in?  NDA 60 (1)(c) (ii) notwithstanding, the usual test of "on duty" is whether the Reservist has signed a pay sheet.  If he were to get injured or killed, in uniform and while subject to the CSD, what would he be entitled to regarding benefits?  Would the CAF be responsible fro repatriating the remains?  Burying him?

So, there's a lot more to this than denying the request under QR&O 17.06 (2).

Haggis said:
Maybe so, but my answer is based on more than mere "regulations".
I was referring to Eye in the Sky and Jammer, who were trying to out- :tempertantrum: one another.  Your response intervened.

Thanks Journeyman, but if ensuring that the uniform is being represented in a manner resepectful of the Army...guilty.

Journeyman said:
I was referring to Eye in the Sky and Jammer, who were trying to out- :tempertantrum: one another.  Your response intervened.

I typed all that for nothing???  :crybaby:

Good rant though...The uniform is not a f*&king costume.

Shepard said:
Greetings,

(yes, I've searched and read the Uniform PDF, but my question was not quite answered by the reading.)

I am planning to visit a long-time friend in the States, sort of as a surprise, so I am wondering that if I ask my chain of command, would there be a chance that they would permit me to be in uniform when I surprise visit them? Will it be a big "NO" due to how I would not currently be on duty? Could I expect to hear an approval?

Note: I am a reservist.

Thank you for your time, and I apologize if this had already been asked.

[SgtMaj mode]

Notwithstanding the legal position laid out by the QR&O, your proposition is not sufficiently compelling to warrant approval. Reserve members shall not wear uniform while not on duty, and attendance at a non-military event is not adequate to over ride this prohibition.

[/SgtMaj mode]

Just for clarity, I would probably not recommend approval if you were RegF either.

I think we've heard enough on the subject.

If the OP is still interested he can ask his own bosses. It's their decision, not anyone else's. Especially anyone here.

Milnet.ca Fun Police

14y4l88.jpg

Back