• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Uniden BC72XLT scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianHarris

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
25-28 mhz -  Citizens band/business band

28-29.9 mhz - 10 meter Amateur band

30-49.9 mhz - VHF low band

50-54 mhz - 6 meter amateur band
137-143.99 mhz military land mobile

144-147.99 MHZ - 2 meter amateur band

420-449.99 mhz 70 centimeter amateur band

etc etc.

Question: If I suspect a man in the woods transmitting signals to his handler in Cuba, what frequency range shall I log my scanner in to listen to his chatter if I am about 3-6 kilometers away from the man? Answers shall be greatly appreciated.

Give the flux capacitor a shake and fiddle with the nanu-nanu. Nanu-nanu's are well known for being finicky pieces of kit so be careful with it, they're hard to find.

You can also sneak up on this man in the woods and report your findings to the Legion of Frontiersmen in your area. I highly suspect that they'd be interested but since they are much higher speed, lower drag, than I could ever hope of being I doubt I'd cut the mustard, so I can't comment much about them except to say that when they go on parade they sure are flashy. Now, with your high intelligence and understanding of electronics, as well as politics, I think you might be a good fit. Search this forum to see about them.

Do not intend to fllash them off, sir. I was asking a question in good faith. Besides the cadets would find this a worthwhile wholesome hobby.

BrianHarris said:
Do not intend to fllash them off, sir. I was asking a question in good faith. Besides the cadets would find this a worthwhile wholesome hobby.

Chasing Cuban spies? I couldn't agree more, they'd never suspect Cadets! Man, see? I knew you were just the type for the LoF! Too bad none of themfrequent this site (that we know of) because I would so put your name forward for operational duty.

But you're right, we need to keep it on the downlow about this malingerer.

Your secret is safe with me

No not chasing Cuban spies but ferreting them out of forums like this. You see....their secrets are safe with me too...99% accurate intel I have on people who are overly sensitive hypercritical of me just like a Chinese spy named CanuckCentaur of army.ca who 'cough, cough, cough...

258trollspraykb6.jpg

I AM EAGERLY AWAITING YOUR REPLY, SCOTT AND MSANTOR!-"BRIAN HARRIS, DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, CSIS & CSEC

HOW I KNEW IT DOES NOT CONCERN YOU. YOU SEE THOSE RUSSIAN-CANADIAN FIREMEN TALKING SLANG IN COFFEE SHOP? OR AR EYOU ONE OF THOSE?

BrianHarris said:
Question: If I suspect a man in the woods transmitting signals to his handler in Cuba, what frequency range shall I log my scanner in to listen to his chatter if I am about 3-6 kilometers away from the man?
Use a variable-sweep, unmodulated autosearch...set for Spanish. Alcoa and Reynolds aluminum both make suitable versions.

tinfoil_hat_antenna.jpg

BrianHarris said:
......hypercritical of me just like a Chinese spy named CanuckCentaur of army.ca who 'cough, cough, cough...
...who has tuberculosis??

Actually, there is no member of Army.ca named CanuckCentaur -- must fall into that 1% flawed intelligence  ;)

Edit: updated mocking

AUTOSEARCH. THANK YOU. I THOUGHT THERE WAS ANOTHER WAY OR WAS DEPENDENT ON THE METER BAND, THANKS

Use a CRM-114 descriminator  system..........works every time.

Brian, sir, my apologies. Please do not send CSIS after me. I am currently in deep cover watching deer in my backyard.

My fear is that you're polniy pizdiec. Dobri outra, dobri dan, pajulste.

Can you send me your bona fides via horseman? My address is:

Big brown house in the trees,
Antigonish,
Democratic Republic of Nova Scotia.

Thank you, over and out.

BrianHarris said:
No not chasing Cuban spies but ferreting them out of forums like this. You see....their secrets are safe with me too...99% accurate intel I have on people who are overly sensitive hypercritical of me just like a Chinese spy named CanuckCentaur of army.ca who 'cough, cough, cough...

What sort of secrets, Brian? Do you see dead people, too?

I know of a lot of Russian moles who talk jargon like you embedding themselves in society by assimilating Canadian culture..When they gather togethere, their jokes are scripted..I used to listen to a few of them in coffee shops..They talk like you...and they are firemen..About 10 of them gathered in a coffee shop until I wore a shirt with KGB printed on it. That was the time they got rattled....You see, topics on scanners are open source..They are not classified...And I know you are a mole, Scott.  I cannot tell how II knew but I am sure....Ya, CSIS is really going to pick you up one day. One reason why you are not affraid is because Russia has 1000000 intercontinental missiles aimed at canada....You wanna bet? 70 thousand dollars you are a Russian spy..

I'll take that bet! (If I didn't then my spy-hood would be confirmed, wouldn't it?)

Brian, sir, I fear I cannot outsmart you but I bet I can outdrink you!

I am no mole...asshole, maybe, but no mole.

I also have a shirt that says that I am property of Kirsten Dunst - wish THAT was true.

Oh, I just caught myself trying to further assimilate.

Maybe the LoF are Russian spies?

I need my daily meds.

Where's Sapplicant?

You have lost your composure, Scott. You are now out of order...You are a mole..

I know you are, but what am I?

BrianHarris

John has a long mustache.............my heart wounds with a monotanous lanquor..............

You fumbled again...How did you know that I 'was' (pretending). Only highranking SVRs know that..You are out of order...Only native born canadian are consistent with their slang jargon..You got deficiencies...There is a more subtle way of addressing accusations...You should had followed the correct approach..the righful slang jargon reply..But you ran out, Scott..you are a russian mole

I know you are, but what am I?

Brian, I have an offer for you. It could be lucrative if you like babuska's, potatoes and vodka.

Think about it, comrade.

Pajulste

BrianHarris said:
I know of a lot of Russian moles who talk jargon like you embedding themselves in society by assimilating Canadian culture..When they gather togethere, their jokes are scripted..I used to listen to a few of them in coffee shops..They talk like you...and they are firemen..About 10 of them gathered in a coffee shop until I wore a shirt with KGB printed on it. That was the time they got rattled....You see, topics on scanners are open source..They are not classified...And I know you are a mole, Scott.  I cannot tell how II knew but I am sure....Ya, CSIS is really going to pick you up one day. One reason why you are not affraid is because Russia has 1000000 intercontinental missiles aimed at canada....You wanna bet? 70 thousand dollars you are a Russian spy..

:eek: You have a shirt with KGB on it! Thats soo cool! Wanna be Facebook friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back