• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Understanding Audiogram

Greenman

Inactive
Reaction score
Can anyone put this chart into army guy terms? Also what does tinnitus of 75 db at 8000 hz mean? I know how I hear, or don't, and I know that the whining in my ear is tinnitus, but what do the numbers mean in laymen's terms? And is this worth putting in a disability claim for?

Attachments

• Audio Results.png
    Audio Results.png
    169.5 KB · Views: 251
:cdn:

I am not a audiologist but I say claim it ! My ears have rang constantly since my mortar coarse and that was 1986 but never did anything about it to 2015 .

I used the help of a Provincial Service Officer from the RCL to arrange the testing and help with the application process. You don't have to be a member of the legion to enlist their help . The audiologist they sent me to was excellent she deals with veterans all the time and was very familiar with the VAC system.

Did my hearing test and application June 2015 got a favourable decision October 2015. I hear applications are taking longer now due to a backlog of claims.

Good luck hope things work out in your favour tinnitus sucks.

Back