• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UNAUTHORIZED DISPOSAL OF COMBAT UNIFORMS AND EQUIPMENT

The fake cadpat isn‘t based on the NANO pixle design surrounding a maple leaf

that is how you know if the cadpat is real. Cadpat is based around a maple leaf design and the MARPAT used by marines is based around there logo of the eagle on a globe. Its extremely hard to spot but thats how you tell.

I‘m sure if those induviduals wearing real CADPAT on the street also happen to have any officers rank displayed on their "uniform" could easily be charged with impersonating an officer of the Canadian Armed Forces.

As for wearing genuine article CADPAT pants along with combat boots/docs and lets say, a bomber jacket, well I seriously doubt that they would ever face criminal charges in the matter. (unless of course they turned up stolen).
They could face some bad attitude by actual members of the Armed Forces who feel that they have not earned the right to wear bits and pieces of our soldiers uniforms.

I‘m throwing out a thought here, but I believe the CADPAT, like most of the rest of your issued kit, belongs to the Queen until such time as it is disposed of and declared surplus.

If it belongs to the Queen, then by definition, it doesn‘t belong to you, and you cannot sell it on eBay - because it‘s not yours to sell.

So, following this logic, if it IS sold, it becomes misappropriated ("stolen"). It is illegal to offer anything for sale that is stolen, and it is illegal to purchase anything that is stolen (whether or not you know it is). And, of course, it is illegal to possess anything that has been stolen, or that are proceeds from a crime (such as theft by conversion, fraud, etc).

This goes for any of the kit that has been issued, and that you have not actually purchased from the army.

If I go and sell my kevlar helmet, I would be in four shades of sh!t, because it‘s not mine to sell, and I have to give it back when I leave the army. And anyway, to make it worthwhile, I‘d need to get over $200 for it, because that‘s what the CF will charge me when I don‘t turn it back in.

Would a civilian be prosecuted? Probably not. Unless there is some larger sort of ring involved, the police just don‘t have the resources to devote to a few pairs of CADPAT getting sold on eBay. Then again, maybe the MP‘s _do_ have the time!

Yes civilians would and have been charged for possessing stolen kit by the crown.

Regards

The thing about the knockoff / civie cadpat- looks like cadpat- but is a) not treated, b) is designed differently in terms of rank epaulettes, buttons etc,

I think this one is real though... because of the velcro nametape, why people sell good kit I don‘t know.

Not only the name tag but the Canadian flag tab on the left shoulder is there as well.

The pants have the velcro flaps for the front pockets...

It‘s real Symchyshyn ;)

Regards

The Crown is the Government.

The Queen is the head of state...so ultimatly it is her‘s to do with as she wants. None the less she is only a head of state in name only...part of the Commonwealth thing that all ex Brit colonies have with England.

She does not "rule" as her predasesors did centuries ago.

Regards

Major Baker,

There is a difference between the Crown and the Queen. Monarchs come and go, but the crown is the bedrock of uninterrupted (well, there was a brief spat in the mid-1600s) rule spanning back to the eleventh century.

Perhaps you could draw a parallel with the relationship between the Constitution and the office of the President. Anyhow, I‘ve picked up stuff like De Toqueville and The Federalist Papers of late and find my republican urges surfacing :eek:

As well, I am pretty sure the Queen does not recieve any money from her realm. I believe the Windsor family is a wealthy old aristocratic family and has no need for a salary. Can someone shed some light on that one.

This is getting OT, but just to clear a few things up...

The Crown is the state, the state is the Crown. Ministers (the word means "servant") act in the name of the Crown. For their work, they are paid a salary out of Crown funds. All of the revenue belongs to the Crown. Once upon a time, in Robin Hood days of yore, this meant every gold farthing ended up in the proverbial castle keep. However, for the last 300+ years, this has meant that the Crown is merely a figurative custodian for the stability of government and state, and the money does not actually "belong" to the monarch.

Think of it as the world‘s best janitor‘s job.

The Queen personally only receives money from the Duchy of Lancaster, and income from private investments. Of the royal palaces, she owns only one: Balmoral. It was inherited. Although she is entitled to receive a significant portion of Crown revenue, she agreed long ago to turn this over to the government in exchange for a "Civil List" payment, which is a fraction of her income. The Civil List payment goes to support those members of the Royal Family who do not receive income from the government, and have no comparable private wealth. In addition, The Queen pays taxes, something she is not compelled to do legally.

This unique system, which has evolved over the years, is a curious and somewhat efficient result of the decades of struggle between the royalists and parliamentarians of years gone by, and in my opinion, includes the best elements of both sides.

This system attempts to give an air of legitimacy to the operation of government. We do not elect judges, for example, because they should administer the laws impartially, not based on their desire for re-election. We pay our taxes to the "Receiver General of Canada" not by name, but by office, because the person who holds the title won‘t get any richer by us paying taxes. This same official pays out public service salaries, again to maintain impartiality.

And (bringing it back on topic), when I said CADPAT belongs to the Crown, this is both in a legal sense and in a figurative sense. As members of the armed forces, we swear allegiance to The Queen, her lawful heirs and successors. We took "the Queen‘s shilling" as the saying goes. Although the government manages everything, and we must support the decisions of our lawfully and democratically elected representatives, we act in the Queen‘s name. So, the CADPAT belongs to the Crown, which is the Queen, which is the government acting in her name. The CADPAT, like everything else we are issued, does not belong to us individually, and we are only temporary caretakers of it, much in the same way that Ministers of state are temporary caretakers for their dept. We are not entitled to make any personal gain from anything the Crown has given us, except our wages.

When I say "legal sense" I mean selling military stores is a criminal offence:

"s. 420(1) Military stores - Every one who buys, receives or detains from a member of the Canadian Forces or a deserter or an absentee without leave therefrom any military stores that are owned by Her Majesty or for which the member, deserter, or absentee is accountable to Her Majesty is guilty of [an offence]"

Agree or disagree, it‘s what we signed up for.

CADPAT was only recently made available for sale with the real deal. I know this cause I have a set in my room. Now before you go and say "oh it‘s a rip off" I‘ll tell you it isn‘t the guy I got it from is a long time provider for me and a good guy I have met personaly and not some joe schmo from ebay.ca and I know he wasn‘t ripped off cause he got if straight from the CF. I also know it‘s authentic cause it has the velcro for the flag and the tags inside, the velcro on the front pokets for the pants and everything. It‘s only been legal for a very short time so don‘t tell me I‘m wrong please :D

Yeah he most likely got it from the CF from the back of the supply warehouse from a pissed off supply tech. If per chance you are telling the truth, and the combats you have in your possesion are the real deal, you very likely are in possesion of stolen government property, and as a civillian not authorised to possess the Real McCoy.

Originally posted by Tpr.Orange:
[qb] The fake cadpat isn‘t based on the NANO pixle design surrounding a maple leaf

that is how you know if the cadpat is real. Cadpat is based around a maple leaf design and the MARPAT used by marines is based around there logo of the eagle on a globe. Its extremely hard to spot but thats how you tell. [/qb]
A myth, perpetuated by some silly website...

The logo printed on MARPAT is actually a Marine Logo, very visible to the naked eye, without the aid of any imagination...

The sample on the website that perpetuated the myth wasn‘t large enough to show any of the logos. (Don‘t bother citing the website, I‘ve seen it myself).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36068&item=2236652988&rd=1

This is an auction for some genuine MARPAT. Note the bottom right hand picture.

to quote my surplus suplier- "Now This came in my surplus so before I get a bunch of flame e-mails saying I cannot sell it please note that I buy all my surplus from the Canadian Government so they sold it to me fair and square and I have full rights to resell it to anyone I wish to. "

Right and surplus stores would not lie about something like that just so they could sell something. Issue CADPAT is NOT authorized for civvies, because of the IR junk they put in it.

Originally posted by Mike Secretan:
[qb] why would you want cadpat if your in air cadets? [/qb]
Cause I admire the forces and wearing them makes me feal special cause I feal like one of you guys kinda like a little kid playing war (although the uniform doesn‘t make me even close to the kind of person you people are, but I can dream can‘t I?)

i‘ve already started to see cadpat turn up in the crown assets sales/ auctions for months now . thats here in edmontton and we were among the last of the cf ARMY to get it .

Originally posted by corporal-cam:
wearing them makes me feal special
are you kidding me?!?!?! you got some freaking issues kid. do you like pretending to be some sort of commando? and people wonder why people like you get beat up...

Originally posted by Mike Secretan:
[qb]
Originally posted by corporal-cam:
wearing them makes me feal special
are you kidding me?!?!?! you got some freaking issues kid. do you like pretending to be some sort of commando? and people wonder why people like you get beat up... [/qb]
Lol, I‘ve never been beat up and the closest I‘ve come to being beat up was being punched once and before I had a chance to punch back about 40 people swarmed the other guy and did it for me, I guess I‘m just that well liked :D And I said I wanted to be a soldier, I said nothing about being a commando and the fact that you would jump on me leads me to believe you have some deep seeded psycological problems, maybe from you being beat up as a kid. Anyways this is way off topic, if anyone wants to make strange accusations towards my popularity then send an IM so the rest of us can deiscuse the legal sale of CADPATS.

Back