• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ultimate Soldier Challenge - USMC Force Recon vs Canadian Light Infantry

-Skeletor-

Of course it is a rather broad generalization, basically in reply to just as broad an generalization.  We could go for days getting into the weeds.

You are correct,  OR not E. 

Have to go now....Off to Pet for the weekend.

-Skeletor- said:
*Surviving the Cut

I believe you are referring to the episode about the Basic Reconnaissance Course.  That course is for Recon Battalion Marines,  not Force Recon. 

Deep Reconnaissance Platoons, or DRPs, are units within Recon Battalions that carry out the role of Force Reconnaissance. So my statement was fair.

I am not even going to touch on the other stuff said here. The fact that people think that regular Canadian infantry units are pretty much special forces shows just how out to lunch some people are.

chowchow1 said:
Deep Reconnaissance Platoons, or DRPs, are units within Recon Battalions that carry out the role of Force Reconnaissance. So my statement was fair.

I missed a word there,  meant to say "That course is for Recon Battalion Marines,  not Force Recon specifically."  As everyone(minus supporters such as clerks, supply, etc) going to the Recon Battalion takes the course to earn the Reconnaissance Man MOS,  not just those going to the Force Recon Company.

recceguy said:
It's a stupid arguement.

Serious argument now... I bet my dad can beat up your dad  ;D

-Skeletor- said:
Serious argument now... I bet my dad can beat up your dad  ;D

OH...OH YEAH?

Overkill.gif

I can't watch it! It says "This content is not available"... Some help?

JayB said:
I can't watch it! It says "This content is not available"... Some help?

Save the frustartion for something worthy.

It's not worth the 45 minutes. Heck, it's not even worth the first 4.5 minutes.

recceguy said:

Alright, I'll take your word for it.

chowchow1 said:

I am not even going to touch on the other stuff said here. The fact that people think that regular Canadian infantry units are pretty much special forces shows just how out to lunch some people are.

No, Mech Infantry are like Special Forces.  Light Infantry is more DEVGRU, CAG & CIA operators (whatever their name is this month). And I'm putting in a meal claim for that lunch.

recceguy said:

I found the choice of weapons they used interesting. Ruger 1911's, KRISS Vectors seemed like random picks.

ObedientiaZelum said:
I found the choice of weapons they used interesting. Ruger 1911's, KRISS Vectors seemed like random picks.

I'm guessing both the WindRunner and the Kriss were reasonably unfamiliar to all.

Being a .45 shooter myself, I would say anyone unfamiliar with the recoil (both US teams aren't, but the Canadians likely were) would come as a bit of a suprise. The principles are the same, but the end effect in the hand are not. They handled it well, but seconds counted.

I'm pretty sure you know where I'm coming from. ;)

And either 'Alex" is the most unlucky bastard in the world with stoppages or there was a failure of the production crew to ensure that everything was equal.

I guess it would boil down to if there was a familiarization of the weapons before the cameras started rolling.

I have trouble believing it would have even aired had the Canadians wiped both US teams asses with nettles.

Back