• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UK's New Mad Max Mobile

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
UK's new mad maxmobile. Nice to have a rear gunner in your Landy. I wonder how bombproof it is though? My guess is 'not very'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=463936&in_page_id=1811&ito=1490

Nice firepower but not a good protection... but i'm not a vehicule expert.

The brits seem to go for the light vehicle using speed, mobility and firepower to offset the lack of armour. These vehicles might offer more protection than the landrovers fitted with blast mats currently being used. A lot of Brit patrols seem to be using landrovers, Pinzuagers with Scimitars for firesupport. Spending a great deal of time in the desert and resupplied by air except for an attached fuel tanker. See Michael Yon’s blog for some good pictures of their current ops.

80mph? Whats that in K's?
I'm a big fan in the idea of using Rovers in these roles. As long as the danger levels arent up there, the Land Rover is a great vehicle for this sort of thing. Have a look for SAS land rovers if you can. Why use an armoured vehicle when a Rover will suffice? And you wont be scaring the locals to much in one of those.
I got to see one of the Pinzguarers a little while back. They're a brilliant bit of kit and you'd be very confident cruising around in one. They'll go anywhere too.
The Brits have made this idea work and it works well. These vehicles are brilliant for the role that they play.

Back